Luke 0'9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfffffft, and mine's the Pontiff. The fact he hasn't been asked to play there much should be a clue to you, it's cos he's not very good there, and that is his fault.

He might play in the Championship, briefly, if we go up. He's nowhere near good enough for it though.
He’s been asked to play there this season. He would be playing there if not for injuries. When we’ve got a fit back 4 he plays in midfield.
Bookmark it mate, I don’t even think you believe yourself but you’ll be proven wrong.

Hes a 7/10 in any position he plays in my opinion i think your wrong on this one mate.
What am I wrong about? You think 7/10 in League 1 is the stamp of a good player? He gets 6 and 7s, mostly 6s. In League 1. That's fine. Doing a job wherever asked. Like I say, a League 1 utility man. IF we were to go up, big IF, we'll need a hell of a lot better than Luke O'Nien.
He’s been asked to play there this season. He would be playing there if not for injuries. When we’ve got a fit back 4 he plays in midfield.
Bookmark it mate, I don’t even think you believe yourself but you’ll be proven wrong.
Bookmark what?

Last edited:
Matthews was in his first season. Ya might have an argument last season, though I can't abide Parky's 352.

What a load of shite.
Not a load of shite at all he’s the only one who has any spring he’s by far the best header of the ball in the team
3 games at centre half 3 clean sheets isn’t it

What am I wrong about? You think 7/10 in League 1 is the stamp of a good player? He gets 6 and 7s, mostly 6s. In League 1. That's fine. Doing a job wherever asked. Like I say, a League 1 utility man. IF we were to go up, big IF, we'll need a hell of a lot better than Luke O'Nien.

Bookmark what?
This thread. You being wrong.

This thread. You being wrong.
It's not my thread.

He's not very good. Plenty agree on that point. His career progression to date, whereby he's ended up playing anywhere but his preferred position in an underperforming League 1 side at 26 years old suggests he's not that good a footballer. If his touch, his footballing brain, his ability, his potential and his athleticism were as good as people like you try to make out he would already be playing at a higher level.

Luke O'Nien, average league 1 utility man. No shame in that. Stop pretending he's anything other.

It's not my thread.

He's not very good. Plenty agree on that point. His career progression to date, whereby he's ended up playing anywhere but his preferred position in an underperforming League 1 side at 26 years old suggests he's not that good a footballer. If his touch, his footballing brain, his ability, his potential and his athleticism were as good as people like you try to make out he would already be playing at a higher level.

Luke O'Nien, average league 1 utility man. No shame in that. Stop pretending he's anything other.
It seems to me like you’re in the minority here mate. Not sure where you’ve got plenty of others from. His potential, athleticism and footballing brain are far better than most of our squad. He will play at a higher level whether it’s with Sunderland or someone else.

I agree with Chris, if he was that good in midfield he would be cemented there. Hes just an average league 1 utility player, nothing more nothing less.
It seems to me like you’re in the minority here mate. Not sure where you’ve got plenty of others from. His potential, athleticism and footballing brain are far better than most of our squad. He will play at a higher level whether it’s with Sunderland or someone else.
You talk like he has a run of good games to be mentioned in that breath? He has 1 good game then slips away to appear again in 4 or 5 games time remind us how great he is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back