Luke 0'9

I was really frustrated by Power for the first. His side and two chances to help deal, but was completely on his heels twice. Did okay otherwise though.
Was almost going to argue the goal came from the left, 'til I reminded meself with the highlights and realised I had it mixed up with the 2nd. :lol: Yep - caught napping at the back post for the first, slow to react to the save. Why does the initial shot get through though?

What O'Nien's doing for the second goal is anyone's guess.
We usually crown our player of the season on the back of this

I give you Seb Larsson
Now there's a player under appreciated by the type of loons that champion Luke O'Nien.

Last edited:

Is he worth building the team around though?

The sole purpose just needs to be whats best at creating chances for Wyke

The best way of creating chances for Wyke is probably to free up space for McGeady, as any time he's not been marked tightly he's caused problems. One way of doing this would be using Scowen and O'Nien's movement and energy to draw opponents towards them and drag them out of position.

won 3 of their last 4 and only conceded once in that time so perhaps it's a case of us doing things right rather than Burton doing it wrong?

O'Nien MOTM for me today.
Have they really. :lol: Fuckin hell. Shows the standard of this league doesn't it.

He needs tying down on a new contract. He will be useful if we go up, and very important if we need to spend spend another year down here.

Have they really. :lol: Fuckin hell. Shows the standard of this league doesn't it.

He needs tying down on a new contract. He will be useful if we go up, and very important if we need to spend spend another year down here.

Aye. They beat Northampton and Gillingham away and Hull at home without conceding. Lost to Ipswich at home 0-1. JFH was starting to sort them out a bit defensively before today.

Some of his left foot passes down the left today were sublime. Know doubt the football purists will be along shortly to tell us how shite he was with all the minor mistakes he made.

Neat and tidy, good in the air, puts himself about - looks more comfortable than a lot of the centre backs we’ve had at this level.

Versatile and wants to play. Rash in the tackle at times - him and Sanderson tired to pinch in front a couple of times when it wasn’t there and then we are scrambling a bit.

But he’s honest as the day is long and that’s enough in League One.

Back