It's almost St George's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

@John Steed by the looks of it
Na, I just called the thread out for what it is. A thread about something that hasn't happened, won't happen and infact has just been posted to start arguments. Argue away mate if that's your thing. Sorry to piss on anybody's chips.

If you think this place is fully representative of society in general, you need to log off and get out more
You're right it isn't representative. It's full of a certain type who constantly need to be putting somebody or something down to feel better about themselves.That's why this thread is here, it services a need.

Last edited:
Some right tossers on here, St George's day was never anything special, right wing desperation. Keep them at work to pay the Brexit bill so far.

From my perspective which is purely subjective there were dark times when the George Cross was appropriated by far right groups in the 70s and 80s. Football seemed like a thin veil for that sort of carry on.

Then it seemed that football started to reappropriate the George Cross for all the right reasons.
With the Japan world cup I think it was.

It felt in London then that when you saw a George cross it was for happy lovely reasons, for a change.

I think that St George's Day should be celebrated. There are many many things to celebrate.

You rarely saw the George Cross in the 70's & 80's, it was the Union Jack.

Some right tossers on here, St George's day was never anything special, right wing desperation. Keep them at work to pay the Brexit bill so far.

There are some really great celebrations go on in quite a few towns/cities mind, a fair bit of effort is put in. Nottingham is a great example of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back