It's almost St George's Day

You rarely saw the George Cross in the 70's & 80's, it was the Union Jack.

There are some really great celebrations go on in quite a few towns/cities mind, a fair bit of effort is put in. Nottingham is a great example of this.
Means nothing to me. I hate nationalism, or any other irrational cult. Root of all evil.

Each to their own, I think it’s one of the poorest of the Fullers. And I find Fullers a poor brewer in general

Not as good as it used to be. ESB is better, but I always preferred their Chiswick Bitter. I tend to find with breweries like Fullers , Taylors, Shepherd Neame, etc its generally their 2nd and 3rd beers in their portfolios that I like best not the so called flagship brew like London Pride, Landlord , Spitfire etc

Means nothing to me. I hate nationalism, or any other irrational cult. Root of all evil.

Same here. People are divided enough with out this jingoistic shite making things worse. If those in charge of the country really cared they would declare it a bank holiday, which says it all really. We already have the lowest amount of bank holidays in the UK, work the longest hours, and the next bank holiday coming up in May, has always been begrudged

Last edited:
Might as well get this out of the way before the non-event.

Has anyone ever actually claimed it's racist apart from those who claim others have said as much?
I've never seen anyone claim it's racist apart from the righties frothing about nowt on FaceyGram.

It's a shame we don't have a drink as marketable as Guinness.

Enjoy whatever you're up to. I'll be doing about as much as I did for any other saints day in recent years.
Cheers.
We should celebrate st George's Day , sneaky paddies get days off for st Paddy's Day plus the 12 July , we should also consider Waterloo, Trafalgar , Agincourt etc , ..... We would be off more than the unemployed !!

Love how st George’s day manages to piss off loads of lefties that hate the country they live in. Buzzing for it.

I throughly enjoy living in the UK, beautiful countryside, education for all, wonderful NHS and,in the main, the British sense of fair play. I'm happy to pay my fair share of taxes too

But I am disappointed that St Georges Day has been highjacked by the more extreme elements in this country and therefore I don't celebrate it.

I throughly enjoy living in the UK, beautiful countryside, education for all, wonderful NHS and,in the main, the British sense of fair play. I'm happy to pay my fair share of taxes too

But I am disappointed that St Georges Day has been highjacked by the more extreme elements in this country and therefore I don't celebrate it.
Crack on fella. Don’t feel the need to reply to a post that doesn’t affect you.

Back