It's almost St George's Day

Not one person I've met of that persuasion can ever give a solid example or proof of anyone ever taking flags off people or painting it as racist.

Only thing remotely similar is people saying the flag stands for imperialism and let's face it, the Empire was a murderous beast.
:eek:
Probably the largest collection of organised freedom the world had ever seen.

Last edited:
Tell that to those we raped and pillaged mate.
Aren't they all dead? Might be hard to tell them.
Canny WUM thread this, to get the more self loathing among us frothing about what won't be said about St George's day being racist. You've gotta laugh.
I don't know anybody who celebrates St George's day. I don't think the English bother in the way the Scots and Irish do. Probably because the English don't have a massive identity complex. They don't need to tell the world they're English and get pissed doing it. It's much more low key.
If you do celebrate the English day that's great have a good time and don't worry about any knackers, particularly on here looking down at you for doing it. Enjoy.:)

Tell that to those we raped and pillaged mate.
If you can find any alive he may well do that. Or are you dragging up events of centuries ago?

Canny WUM thread this, to get the more self loathing among us frothing about what won't be said about St George's day being racist. You've gotta laugh.
I don't know anybody who celebrates St George's day. I don't think the English bother in the way the Scots and Irish do. Probably because the English don't have a massive identity complex. They don't need to tell the world they're English and get pissed doing it. It's much more low key.
If you do celebrate the English day that's great have a good time and don't worry about any knackers, particularly on here looking down at you for doing it. Enjoy.:)
Beat me to it

we don't need forced patriotism

Last edited:
Only people I know who celebrate it are squaddies.

I'm not arsed about it mate. Just another day

Might as well get this out of the way before the non-event.

Has anyone ever actually claimed it's racist apart from those who claim others have said as much?
I've never seen anyone claim it's racist apart from the righties frothing about nowt on FaceyGram.

It's a shame we don't have a drink as marketable as Guinness.

Enjoy whatever you're up to. I'll be doing about as much as I did for any other saints day in recent years.
Cheers.

I usually wear my cross of St George England cuff links to work. That is about as far as I take it. I voted remain and am a proud Englishman who welcomes diversity and immigration.

Nice to see the revival in religious fervour represented by the people of faith on this thread.

St. George was a Greek don't forget! So all you racists stop flying the flag and all you anti-racists get your St. George's flags out and march through the most ethnically diverse area you know. Thank me for the advice later :lol:.

Typical of the self loathing on here

St Patrick’s day full of Irish good lucks et al; St. George’s day almost wholly negative thread by the usual southern culprits.

Absolute wankers
The only self loathing I've seen isn't on here. It's from the gopping righties on other social media who share memes claiming SGD is racist.

It isn't racist. The flag isn't racist. They love being the victim.

Enjoy the day if you're out celebrating it.

Back