It's almost St George's Day

Aren't they all dead? Might be hard to tell them.
Canny WUM thread this, to get the more self loathing among us frothing about what won't be said about St George's day being racist. You've gotta laugh.
I don't know anybody who celebrates St George's day. I don't think the English bother in the way the Scots and Irish do. Probably because the English don't have a massive identity complex. They don't need to tell the world they're English and get pissed doing it. It's much more low key.
If you do celebrate the English day that's great have a good time and don't worry about any knackers, particularly on here looking down at you for doing it. Enjoy.:)
Class quote in a thread of English people arguing among themselves about the values of a national day and the rights and wrongs of their fallen empire.

Might as well get this out of the way before the non-event.

Has anyone ever actually claimed it's racist apart from those who claim others have said as much?
I've never seen anyone claim it's racist apart from the righties frothing about nowt on FaceyGram.

It's a shame we don't have a drink as marketable as Guinness.

Enjoy whatever you're up to. I'll be doing about as much as I did for any other saints day in recent years.
Cheers.
On the subject of Guinness, wasn't it founded by an Englishman?

Or did I dream that.

Back