It's almost St George's Day

No pride in his country mate, it seems to be 'a thing' these days.
I would never say that anyone who voted this country out of the worlds biggest trading bloc, who has helped cost us billions, would support the sale of the NHS, failing education, mass poverty, death due to cuts, was any sort of a patriot. You had your little battle in a rigged vote, making us a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Don’t any of you lot preach to me about nationalism, patriotism, more like plain stupidity.

Patriotism.

There’s a big difference.
What difference? St George’s Day never got mention in my lifetime, enjoy your future poverty, see how your great tory led country looks after you.

Last edited:
I would never say that anyone who voted this country out of the worlds biggest trading bloc, who has helped cost us billions, would support the sale of the NHS, failing education, mass poverty, death due to cuts, was any sort of a patriot. You had your little battle in a rigged vote, making us a laughing stock to the rest of the world. Don’t any of you lot preach to me about nationalism, patriotism, more like plain stupidity.

What difference? St George’s Day never got mention in my lifetime, enjoy your future poverty, see how your great tory led country looks after you.
What alternative is there apart from the Tory party .?

Non that’s why they will remain in power for the foreseeable future.

Try starting a thread like this about st Patrick’s and people will slate you
Cos we arnt Irish

Eye he was from the area now known as Turkey .St Pat was welsh or summit aswell .

Point is they are patriot saints of said countries.Why we don’t celebrate St George’s day is odd imo .
I think it’s because st Patrick’s day is a big thing in America, a bit like how Mother’s Day became a thing over here after the war.

Also with st Patrick being from near here I think people feel more affinity with him than some random Turkish dude, bit of a shit choice of patron saint really, there’s loads of saints from up here they could have chosen.

Nobody organises anything for St. George’s day so it’s normally a dull affair.

Eye he was from the area now known as Turkey .St Pat was welsh or summit aswell .

Point is they are patriot saints of said countries.Why we don’t celebrate St George’s day is odd imo .
I thought the reason St George's day wasn't such a big deal in England was because St George was a catholic? But I could be wrong mind..

I thought the reason St George's day wasn't such a big deal in England was because St George was a catholic? But I could be wrong mind..
It’s just not as well publicised, and no breweries have figured out a way to make millions from it

Nowt to do with political correctness or patriotism imho

I’m not going to explain the difference between nationalism and patriotism to you.

The fact you don’t know the difference or are being disingenuous by pretending you don’t just shows what people that have a love for their country that doesn’t manifest itself in the belligerent dislike of others are up against.

I throughly enjoy living in the UK, beautiful countryside, education for all, wonderful NHS and,in the main, the British sense of fair play. I'm happy to pay my fair share of taxes too

But I am disappointed that St Georges Day has been highjacked by the more extreme elements in this country and therefore I don't celebrate it.

Yep, exactly the sort of people who make you ashamed to be English , thank god the decent people still outnumber these goons

Why do we support our club sides? It's mainly due to local interest / pride. I don't get the anti SGD agenda from people who clearly follow their local club through parochial ties

Back