Gigs back at sol

Delighted to hear they're coming back eventually. Wouldn't expect them to put them on at a loss but even if they just break even (albeit it might be seen as a waste of time given the resources could be used elsewhere) it's something that massively benefits the city. As a club, Sunderland AFC should benefit the city where possible, these concerts are a good way of doing it

This, even if the club were only turning a small profit the local businesses will make a fortune compared to a normal days trade.

Was sorting some files out at work yesterday and noticed a reference to a Mr & Mrs Hair, I immediately thought Gary :lol: This place gets to you ! I'm often behind a car on a morning going to work part of the reg is MLF and I'm going massive lads fan in me head, :lol: mental isn't it ?
Do you work for the National Crime Agency by any chance, DI Dent?

Meant to follow this up. What is it with the St James layout that prevents owt complex?

The way they've expanded it. They are limited to the stage being in their east stand or east corner stand. It's an old stadium that's just been built on and on. We have those massive tunnel entry points perfect for stage construction, can handle the electrics better, etc.

This is their layout for Kings of Leon.....
Logon or register to see this image

There would hardly be any room left if they had been doing the Beyone gig. The SoL however...

Rumour is that Axl is a massive lads fan!
I see no good reason to disbelieve that mate.

The way they've expanded it. They are limited to the stage being in their east stand or east corner stand. It's an old stadium that's just been built on and on. We have those massive tunnel entry points perfect for stage construction, can handle the electrics better, etc.

There would hardly be any room left if they had been doing the Beyone gig. The SoL however...
They will never match either the layout or the acoustics at the SOL

Thanks for the info. Never realised this.

Moyes blamed the concerts for the bad starts to the season. He wanted the concerts stopped so we could have the first home game of the season and a pre season friendly at home. Bain agreed with Moyes then the concerts stopped.
The concert money was suppossed to be spent on the upkeep of the stadium. The club lost this revenue stream now the SOL looks shabby and in need of good clean up. We never mafe money on home friendly's so why have them, unless we are going to invite one of the top European Clubs
As much as anything else,I think it's not a good experience for the fans to attend a 3/4 emoem stadium in a preseason friendly,where the atmosphere would be shit and the matches are boring (no motivation and stop start with all of the substitutions). Lose loss all around to me and I'm really glad they are bringing them back.

Back