Getting the snip

Status
Not open for further replies.

I got it done back in April and got the all clear last month. It was nothing, swollen and painful for a couple of days and had to be careful with sudden movements for about a week and then was back to normal.

If anything my sex drive has increased since I got it done.

I was going to get it done after the second baby was born.

My missus decided that she wanted the coil fitted to deal with her heavy periods.

I was absolutely delighted tbh. :lol:

I'm there Wednesday. Was at GP about ten weeks ago, do you have a chat/talk? or is your 1st appointment at the hospital where the snip happens?

Dr will ask a couple of questions etc They get a lot of young kids come in apparently so they need to make sure you definitely want it done. Then he or she will talk through what they’re gonna do and how they’ll do it. Then it’s down to business

Anyone had it done recently?

The wife wants me to get it done as we don't want anymore children and the pill doesn't agree with her.

Heard some horror stories of years gone by of people having it done but nothing recently.

The thought makes me want to spew if I'm honest.
Heworth

I had it done a few years ago now, was a piece of p*ss. Took minutes, no pain after. Just make sure you take a tight pair of kegs for after it’s done. To hold your clems stable.

I was going to get it done after the second baby was born.

My missus decided that she wanted the coil fitted to deal with her heavy periods.

I was absolutely delighted tbh. :lol:
My Mrs needed her coil changed and it got stuck. Removing it involved pretty much a day and a half in hospital they had various people with various specialties trying to get it out without hurting her, then she had to return a week later to see if her body would start trying to reject it and make it easier to come out.

I was on the waiting list the next week.

Anyone had it done recently?

The wife wants me to get it done as we don't want anymore children and the pill doesn't agree with her.

Heard some horror stories of years gone by of people having it done but nothing recently.

The thought makes me want to spew if I'm honest.
Had it done about 4/5 weeks ago.

It's undignified :lol:, but that's about the worst part of it. You're a bit tender downstairs for a couple of weeks, but it's quick and easy...

Can anybody who's had it done tell me how likely I will be to be able to specify a date I want it doing if I go on the list with plenty notice. I'd want it doing at the start of two weeks off next July ideally to give me time to recover. I don't get sick pay and it's a nightmare to get short notice holidays at work and I reckon I'll need a few days atleast to get over it due to the nature of my job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back