Football Manager 2019

really impressed with this so far. As is common with the beta version, injuries can be crippling but that's normally fixed in later updates. Wasn't convinced I'd be a fan of the new training and tactics set up but love the in and out of possession stuff.

Minimum four injuries per match for me atm :lol:

Minimum four injuries per match for me atm :lol:

I've found most of the injuries can be played through. I'm Rangers and Candeias has been "injured" with a shoulder injury since the first game. I've now played 4 friendlies and 2 European ties and he's played in every one.

I did find another bug too. After I announced my training camp squad, I had about 8 emails about different players unhappy they'd been left out when I hadn't left any of them out. Couldn't move on in the game until I'd spoken with the unhappy players but what can you say the players complaining about something that hasn't happened? :lol:

I've had a few injuries but nothing too bad, the worst it's been was right at the start.

The one thing i have noticed is that players become unhappy very quickly. You always get players moaning for not playing regularly but i've had the whole squad unhappy with the club situation when i was 10 points clear at the top :confused:
Also had Matthews moaning just after i'd given him a new contract, ungrateful bastard

Fair play to The Don though, £26m budget for the Championship :cool:

Promoted first two seasons, both times came second.

Lost my first 4 games in the championship and worked on tactics, all been a bit easy.

Only had £38m transfer budget with about 9 first team players needed is a bit rough though.

I started really well but I'm struggling to score goals, I'm still top but only by a point, Maja now hasn't scored in 20 games and Wyke is awful :rolleyes:

Anyone got an idea of a good striker to bring in, in January to ensure I get promoted? Jamal Lowe is playing wide left for me and keeping me afloat, Maguire has been out all season.

I started really well but I'm struggling to score goals, I'm still top but only by a point, Maja now hasn't scored in 20 games and Wyke is awful :rolleyes:

Anyone got an idea of a good striker to bring in, in January to ensure I get promoted? Jamal Lowe is playing wide left for me and keeping me afloat, Maguire has been out all season.

I managed to get Kamara from Fulham & Berahino from Stoke on loan in Jan, both were an improvement but Kamara slightly better.

My best signing was Brahim Diaz on loan from Man City - only played about 11 games because of an injury but scored 9 goals (1 hat trick) & had about 6 assists from central midfield. I'm trying to get him in the Championship

I managed to get Kamara from Fulham & Berahino from Stoke on loan in Jan, both were an improvement but Kamara slightly better.

My best signing was Brahim Diaz on loan from Man City - only played about 11 games because of an injury but scored 9 goals (1 hat trick) & had about 6 assists from central midfield. I'm trying to get him in the Championship
Yeah i seen you mentioned him however it doesnt say he's available for loan yet on mine (Just into December now) so hopefully I can get him in then.

My defence is good just lacking firepower uptop, Also could do with Diaz as I don't have anyone that plays the CAM role that well, playing Honeyman in that position at the minute but purely because I have nobody else.

McLaughlin
Jenkinson Baldwin Bednarek Oviedo
Power Cattermole
Gooch Honeyman Lowe
Wyke
Hopefully Diaz and Kamara will change that!

First season over and it seems a bit ridiculous.

This is the first time I've played since FM13.

I was Liverpool, didn't sign anyone for the first team, used a default tactic (vertical tiki taka) and left the assistant in charge of training.

Won the quadruple, no saving and reloading or anything like that, just cake-walked everything.

Has this been released on the Nintendo Switch?

Last week of November.

I asked Miles myself, the response was the release date of the full version isn't til November and then has to go through Nintendo's authorisation.

First season over and it seems a bit ridiculous.

This is the first time I've played since FM13.

I was Liverpool, didn't sign anyone for the first team, used a default tactic (vertical tiki taka) and left the assistant in charge of training.

Won the quadruple, no saving and reloading or anything like that, just cake-walked everything.

Try a different team then not the best one in the game! Even AI are killing it with Liverpool.

Last edited:
I remember playing this game about 6 yeara ago and it seemed to take an age to just play a couple of games. Is it still like this? Not sure i have the patience.... i like to just craic on without any crap like press conferences etc...

Last week of November.

I asked Miles myself, the response was the release date of the full version isn't til November and then has to go through Nintendo's authorisation.

Try a different team then not the best one in the game! Even AI are killing it with Liverpool.

Full game or is it touch?

Got promoted with Inverness. But given no budget and even has beens won't come on a free. Managed to get a couple of young guys in loan but I think squad is weaker than last season :lol: I'll try and struggle through and hope someone else takes me.

Got Sunderland promoted with 108 points. Signed leadbitter and George Thorne in pre season and jack marriott in jan.

To prepare for championship I pretty much burnt the squad to the ground and rebuilt. Took a big hit on wyke, Flanagan, mcgeouch and Maguire but managed to screw Huddersfield out of 12.5m for kone :eek:

Had 30m off the don and about 20m in sales thanks to kone. Bought all sorts but headlines were febas on a free from Madrid, raya from Blackburn, Lawrence from Derby and Palmer from Chelsea. They’ve all been absolutely unreal, Lawrence in particular is averaging a goal a game from left wing.

One thing I’ve found is that buying players is much more realistic. I was lucky in getting the players I did because they were unhappy. Most championship players didn’t want to join a promoted club and very few premier league players would even speak to me even if transfer listed.

That said I’m still about 8 points clear about halfway through my first season at that level. Have to go up really cos I’m really close to failing FFP.

Thought id bite the bullet after not getting the full version for a few years. Mental how indepth it is but I just cant get tactics that work. I leave my coaches to the training as again it would take forever setting up all the schedules etc. I dont want to cheat and download a tactic from the various forums knocking about but I started a save with Liverpool. First 3 games, lost to Newcastle away 2-1. beat Chelsea 6 nil at home :lol: then drew 1-1 with Burnley away!! Sick of it already.

Thought id bite the bullet after not getting the full version for a few years. Mental how indepth it is but I just cant get tactics that work. I leave my coaches to the training as again it would take forever setting up all the schedules etc. I dont want to cheat and download a tactic from the various forums knocking about but I started a save with Liverpool. First 3 games, lost to Newcastle away 2-1. beat Chelsea 6 nil at home :lol: then drew 1-1 with Burnley away!! Sick of it already.
Just use one of the presets to start with, change player roles if you need to and tweak it little by little as you go once the players get use to it.

I've found most of the injuries can be played through. I'm Rangers and Candeias has been "injured" with a shoulder injury since the first game. I've now played 4 friendlies and 2 European ties and he's played in every one.

I did find another bug too. After I announced my training camp squad, I had about 8 emails about different players unhappy they'd been left out when I hadn't left any of them out. Couldn't move on in the game until I'd spoken with the unhappy players but what can you say the players complaining about something that hasn't happened? :lol:
Same happened to me RE pre season squad. Disappointed you get nowt for Djili and Ndong like. Ndong ended up going to Seattle and Djiliboji went to Mainz. Mad bastards.

Back