Football Manager 2019

Not been able to sign any of the above.

Started off in Jan 18 with Atlanta, won the MLS league with them, then Jack Ross was sacked in mid November and I was successful in being appointed. Were 7th in the league at christmas. I've drew 2, won 2 since taking over. Reinstated cattermole as captain and took it from honeyman. Managed to sign Fernando cago on a free and in negotiations to sign andy Carrol from west ham. But dont think he will be what I need. Only have a budget of 2 million and need someone who's going to score the goals to get us promoted. Grigg is out for 4 month, wyke is shite.
Finished 2nd on last day of the season to get promotion. Had connor wickham on loan.
Got him again this season along with jimmy Dunne, tammy Abram and angel Gomes. 7th in the championship at the start of sept. Gooch is my top scorer and assists so far this season.
Changing between 433 and a 41221 formation. Only lost 1 game so far, 4-3 away to Bristol city.

Just started a game with Feyenoord, playing either 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 depending on opposition, played 3 in league and won 3. Beat U.Craicovia in 3rd quali phase of Europa League and struggled to get through. Have Genk in 4th quali round. Squad is riddled with injuries and only 1 fit striker in Van Persie so brought up Bardabel from youth. Only signing is Elneny from Arsenal on loan and he got sent off in debut v Heerenveen.

Finished top with Feyenoord, only signed Mohamed Elneny on loan and Luc Castaignos as a back up striker when Jorgensen was out or I didn't want to play Van Persie (biggest arsehole I've managed on FM - Constant whinging and never reacted well to team talks).

Won the league at a canter, finishing 16 points ahead of Ajax and won the cup anarl. Got knocked out of the Europa in the first knockout round v Benfica.

To start the 2nd season I've sold Vilhena (£19m to Monaco)and Berghuis (£17m to West Ham) who were my 2 best players last year. Resigned Clasie on loan from Southampton and just got Vincent Janssen from Spurs to partner Jorgenson up front for hopefully a bargain £1.6m.

Started a new save with Sunderland - trying out a new system of 4-2-3-1 which is focused on really high pressing, tough tackling and tight marking. Idea is to play with high intensity and swapping wingers.

Pressing forward a must, also using a sweeper keeper in attack. Centre halves both ball playing, complete full backs. Box to box mid alongside a deep lying playmaker. One winger, one inside forward and one attacking mid.

Sacked pretty much the whole coaching staff and started again plus created a training regime to focus on building strength and quickness whilst boosting knowledge of the tactics.

Only sold Oviedo, squeezed £2.7M out of Forest. Signed a fair amount to boost positions: Connor Randall RB; Williams Velasquez CB; Patrick Bauer CB; Tyler Blackett LB; Juan Arango CAM; Mason Bennett RW; Víctor Anichebe ST; Steven Alzate CAM.

Other than losing to Brentford in the cup, unbeaten in all other comps. Sitting top after 8 games, 7 wins and 1 draw.

Agreed to sign Curtis Nelson, Sami Carruthers and some winger from Hearts in January.

Started a new save with Sunderland - trying out a new system of 4-2-3-1 which is focused on really high pressing, tough tackling and tight marking. Idea is to play with high intensity and swapping wingers.

Pressing forward a must, also using a sweeper keeper in attack. Centre halves both ball playing, complete full backs. Box to box mid alongside a deep lying playmaker. One winger, one inside forward and one attacking mid.

Sacked pretty much the whole coaching staff and started again plus created a training regime to focus on building strength and quickness whilst boosting knowledge of the tactics.

Only sold Oviedo, squeezed £2.7M out of Forest. Signed a fair amount to boost positions: Connor Randall RB; Williams Velasquez CB; Patrick Bauer CB; Tyler Blackett LB; Juan Arango CAM; Mason Bennett RW; Víctor Anichebe ST; Steven Alzate CAM.

Other than losing to Brentford in the cup, unbeaten in all other comps. Sitting top after 8 games, 7 wins and 1 draw.

Agreed to sign Curtis Nelson, Sami Carruthers and some winger from Hearts in January.
Sounds similar to my save. Started with Forest and took them to Premier league and Uefa cup champions by 2025, inside forwards and a pressing striker couple with a high press counter attacking system. Joe Lolley scored the winning cup final goal against AC Milan :lol:

Now doing what Clough never did and left Forest to rescue Sunderland from the pits of League one (we've never got higher than 19th in the championship) - now leading the championship on a squad of high potential regens signed for a pittance, Donald's an absolute tight arse. Great fun though. Once the morales high and your players are comfortable with the system, you're near enough unbeatable

Haven't bought this since 2013 and probably haven't played it regular for 2/3 years so I purchased the mobile version a couple of months ago.

Decided to start with Berwick to get to grips with the game. Is the mobile version incredibly easier than the main version cos there wasnt much to get to grips with.

18/19 - 2nd in Ladbrokes League 2 and suffered play off heartache.
19/20 - Same as above but finished 3rd.
20/21 - League winner.
21/22 - 3rd in League 1, play off heartache.
22/23 - 3rd in League 1, play off joy.
23/24 - 5th in The Championship
24/25 - 2nd in The Championship, play off joy.
25/26 - Start of February and currently a point behind Celtic with a game in hand :lol:

Dont know if I'm just utterly class or if the standard is so shit in this league that it's so easy to be competitive :lol:

Sounds similar to my save. Started with Forest and took them to Premier league and Uefa cup champions by 2025, inside forwards and a pressing striker couple with a high press counter attacking system. Joe Lolley scored the winning cup final goal against AC Milan :lol:

Now doing what Clough never did and left Forest to rescue Sunderland from the pits of League one (we've never got higher than 19th in the championship) - now leading the championship on a squad of high potential regens signed for a pittance, Donald's an absolute tight arse. Great fun though. Once the morales high and your players are comfortable with the system, you're near enough unbeatable

I’m not shy with a card either - had two red cards already. Leadbitter got two yellows inside the first ten mins! Been fined for failing to control my players as well.

I’ve never really bothered much with the training stuff but I think it is making a difference.

I’m not shy with a card either - had two red cards already. Leadbitter got two yellows inside the first ten mins! Been fined for failing to control my players as well.

I’ve never really bothered much with the training stuff but I think it is making a difference.
Leadbitter's ended up at Chelsea in mine, is the manager of the U23's. I too love a card, often end up with about 5

OK, after 9 seasons at Royal Eagles in South Africa, and almost 4 seasons at New York Red Bulls in the MLS, I decided I wanted a new challenge so I added the English, Spanish, Italian and French leagues and after receiving a few job interview invitations from Man Utd and Man City (having not applied for the jobs) and not getting the jobs, I eventually started applying for some of the bigger clubs, and just got the A.S. Monaco job on the 5th July 2030! Hooray!

They had to pay NYRB £6m in compensation to get me! :eek:

£107m transfer budget.
£5.3m per week wage budget (currently spending £4.9m a week).

This should be fun!
Ooh, interesting. the stadium's only a 16,500-seater. :eek:

Expecting to sell 4200 season tickets! :eek:

This club has so much money, yet so few fans! How much must the season tickets cost?! :eek:
------

Holy carp, now this is a Sugar Daddy, the owner has pumped in half a billion quid in the last month. :eek:

At least I assume it's him, it's under "Income: Other".

Last edited:
-----------------

First transfer window:

17 players out, for £290m
14 players in, for £397m

Now 12 matches played, 12 wins, including PSG in the Trophée des Champions (Charity Shield equivalent, I presume) and in the very next match away from home in the league. :lol:

The Champions League and Ligue 1 are ours this year. :lol:

Also beat Man City away in the Champions League group stage. That'll learn them for not hiring me. :p

Honestly how? Like custom tactics or something? What’s your secret ere? 😂
Basically just a gegenpress tactic slightly tweaked, 4-1-2-2-1 formation and then just spending a stupid amount of time scouting any decent player and then spending a stupid amount of time deciding who fits the team the best is basically all I do, winning the league came out of nowhere mind I finished 5th the season before only added a couple to the first team were predicted to finish 12th and won the league with 87 points and conceded only 17.

Back