Football Manager 2019

Meant Dynamo Petersburg :oops:

FC Sochi is probably the biggest small team in football right now. 49,000 seater stadium and Russian Billionaire owner in the 4th tier of Russian football.

Ah right aye think I heard about this. Pretty sure the team would rack up a stupid amount of air miles in the season because of how far they're away from everyone else. Was either them or a team right on the East coast of Russia in the middle of nowhere :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who on earth is good to sign
For sunderland in league 1 :lol:
I kept my powder dry first window. Squad is good enough to go up as is so you want players who can make the step up and there aren’t many of those available for the budget.

We start with loads of injuries tho so brought in Nathan dyer and Andre wisdom on loan til jan to tide me over. Leadbitter and George Thorne are decent for that level and are transfer listed for low fees.

In the January window a few more players become available so worth keeping some cash for then. I got jack marriott in and he did well the next season too.

Game f***ing crashed on me last night but used the Vertical Tiki-Taka with the 4-1-4-1 DM Wide and the approach as 'Very Attacking'

I'm using the same tactics except i've kept it as 'balanced' so far.
I've been reluctant to go more attacking as i already seem to get caught on the counter attack quite a bit. Do you have this issue?
If not, i might go a bit more attacking and see if it makes a difference

I'm using the same tactics except i've kept it as 'balanced' so far.
I've been reluctant to go more attacking as i already seem to get caught on the counter attack quite a bit. Do you have this issue?
If not, i might go a bit more attacking and see if it makes a difference

The one flaw was that the defence was quite vulnerable to the long ball as it was a pretty high line but thankfully McLaughlin was very good and the fact that they were quite often scoring 3 or 4 a game meant that I didn't want to change it too much but scaled it back to 'Positive' when in the Championship.

Was 5th in the table in late October and had just knocked Man United out of the Carabao Cup when it crashed. Was a lot more pissed off than I should have been :oops:

The one flaw was that the defence was quite vulnerable to the long ball as it was a pretty high line but thankfully McLaughlin was very good and the fact that they were quite often scoring 3 or 4 a game meant that I didn't want to change it too much but scaled it back to 'Positive' when in the Championship.

Was 5th in the table in late October and had just knocked Man United out of the Carabao Cup when it crashed. Was a lot more pissed off than I should have been :oops:

I often change to 'positive' during the match anyway, especially if i'm losing so might just stay as i am for now.
I hope the full release/update doesn't mean my tactics are now useless as i'm doing ok in the Championship, just into December and sit about 4th.

I've changed my preferences to a 10 game rolling save so i've always got a few different dates i can go back to if i crash.

Started off with the lads won 5 out of 5 in the league but got beat 4-1 off Charlton in the league cup. Signed Piazon on loan and brought Djibril Cisse home aswell

Into my 3rd season and just took over at Leicester as the Don wasn’t giving me enough dosh in the Prem so it was boring as out.

Leicester offered me a deal and i took it with 60 million to spend. Chinese clubs came in for two of my defenders, N’Didi and Soynucu and they pay ridiculous money so flogged them both.

Reinvested the full whack and my team is class although always struggle against any of the top 4.

Rulli
Varela - Benkovic - Mina - Chilwell
Ox Chamberlain - Paqueta
Mahrez - Lo Celso - Maddison
Batushayi
Mannion, Benatia, Herrera, Vilhena, Edouard, Martinez, H Costa
Brought Mahrez in on loan from City, Maddison is ridiculous and is linked with an 80M move to Man United.

Just managed back to back promotions, finished 2nd in the championship, 9 points behind Leeds.
£40m budget from The Don and lots of players needed as most of my team were loans, it's going to be tricky

Anyone worth signing in chanpionship like??

My earlier post

Cyrus Christie - £1.7m (£2.3m)
Jack Harrison - Loan
Juan Foyth - Loan
Jordan Thorniley - £8.25m (£10.25m)
Dominic Solanke - Loan
Georges-Kevin Nkoudou - £2.2m (£2.7m)
Tom Carroll - Loan
Marko Grujic - Loan
Danny Batth - £2m (£2.6m)
Kalvin Phillips - £5.5m (£6.5m)
Jaosn Cummings - £1.2m

All the above did well for me except Cummings who was just backup.
Carroll, Grujic, & Solanke the stand out players

Also signed Josip Elez £1.9m, David Raya £6.25m & Demarai Gray on loan in January who were all class

What tactics are everyone using with the lads?

4-1-4-1 DM Wide - Vertical Tika-Taka

Changed the wing backs to full backs and dropped the defence a bit deeper, it seems to be working so far although i draw a lot of games

Last edited:
Can you not get your more experienced
Players to coach your younger players on this anymore?

If so. How?

Nee fucker wants to join sunderland :lol:

Last edited:
It’s even worse in the prem. couldn’t even tempt players from Scotland or mls! Basically relied on the transfer list!
See theyve still got that bullshit going on where free transfers will ask you for 60 k a week then sign for someone else on 15.

Also solanke and grujic etc as other people have mentioned they signed must have been pre update as they sinply have none of it now

See theyve still got that bullshit going on where free transfers will ask you for 60 k a week then sign for someone else on 15.

Also solanke and grujic etc as other people have mentioned they signed must have been pre update as they sinply have none of it now

Wait till the contract has expired before you offer them a contract, if you can.

Just signed Hyndman on a free. He wanted about £75k a week when I tried to sign him in June, ended up getting him in July for about £15k

Back