Football Manager 2019

What pre and post match talks do you use?

Sounds like your being too harsh and killing the squads morale
I change it all the time. My team is crap and have over achieved really. The board are delighted. It's the losing runs that annoy me. Not that we are finishing where we are, as we were expected to finish 21st and I've just ended the season in 15th.

Won 1 in the last 14 games. Striker has 25 goals this season but only scored once in those 14. Still creating loads but not scoring.

Problem has to be me I guess as its happend in loads of saves. But I've tried all different team talks, shouts during games.

Might start letting the assistant do them

Last edited:

I change it all the time. My team is crap and have over achieved really. The board are delighted. It's the losing runs that annoy me. Not that we are finishing where we are, as we were expected to finish 21st and I've just ended the season in 15th.

Won 1 in the last 14 games. Striker has 25 goals this season but only scored once in those 14. Still creating loads but not scoring.

Problem has to be me I guess as its happend in loads of saves. But I've tried all different team talks, shouts during games.

Might start letting the assistant do them

Happens in real life too lets not forget. SAFC have only won 1 out of their last 7, despite challenging for promotion all season. We had 3 losses within those despite only losing twice in the league beforehand. We have two prolific stikers who scored 20+(?) goals each in the league last season but have only scored a handful each this season.

If this happened in FM, people would complain it's unrealistic and wanting the player to lose.

Happens in real life too lets not forget. SAFC have only won 1 out of their last 7, despite challenging for promotion all season. We had 3 losses within those despite only losing twice in the league beforehand. We have two prolific stikers who scored 20+(?) goals each in the league last season but have only scored a handful each this season.

If this happened in FM, people would complain it's unrealistic and wanting the player to lose.
I get that but it has happened to me in every season I've played in this game bar maybe 1 or 2.

Get the team doing well and then when it gets good the game says fuck off and we turn shit

I get that but it has happened to me in every season I've played in this game bar maybe 1 or 2.

Get the team doing well and then when it gets good the game says fuck off and we turn shit

Aye, I get what you mean like. Sometimes I get a cycle of: Losing>Morale Drops>Lose More Due To Low Morale>Repeat.

Changing 'Morale' training to slightly more intense does the trick. Shift it back to normal once you start winning again. Worked for me anyway when I've had this problem. I'd recommend having a tweak if your team's morale is low.

Might not be called 'Morale' training but it's something along those lines. Don't have the game open to check it though.

Managed three promotions in a row with Exeter now, had a striker on loan in the championship from Monaco who scored 39 goals :lol:

Be disappointed if we don’t win the PL within three seasons at this rate.

Managed three promotions in a row with Exeter now, had a striker on loan in the championship from Monaco who scored 39 goals :lol:

Be disappointed if we don’t win the PL within three seasons at this rate.
They got into the championship on my save, went down but they did a lot better than I thought. Haven't they got a class youth setup?

They got into the championship on my save, went down but they did a lot better than I thought. Haven't they got a class youth setup?
They’ve got a few decent young players in the existing squad, but the setup itself isn’t anything out of the ordinary - in the game anyway.

Started a save with Auxerre

So far P19 W17 D2 L0 in the league at the halfway point already 17pts clear of Sochaux in 3rd :cool:

Lawrence Shankland is blowing Ligue 2 away 16 in 19 games signed for £100k from Ayr added Bassong (free) and Broughton (£300k) to my defence also Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby in on a free back to the club where it all started.

17yr olds Peyalo Morilla and Giulio Magri were 2 of my other stand out summer signings

Started a save with Auxerre

So far P19 W17 D2 L0 in the league at the halfway point already 17pts clear of Sochaux in 3rd :cool:

Lawrence Shankland is blowing Ligue 2 away 16 in 19 games signed for £100k from Ayr added Bassong (free) and Broughton (£300k) to my defence also Arsenal old boy Abou Diaby in on a free back to the club where it all started.

17yr olds Peyalo Morilla and Giulio Magri were 2 of my other stand out summer signings

How are you using Morilla?

Not doing it for me at min. Been using him as an attack mid. Might switch over to playmaker.

My media reports all label him an inside forward though :lol:

Not doing it for me at min. Been using him as an attack mid. Might switch over to playmaker.

:eek::lol:

Advanced Playmaker (support) used him mainly as sub/ odd starts he’s come on loads though and ready to start in Ligue 1 now

I think his stats, height, potential, everything is random. In my game he was a 6 foot amc. In my mates he was a 5 foot 2 winger

I think his stats, height, potential, everything is random. In my game he was a 6 foot amc. In my mates he was a 5 foot 2 winger
Think everyone gets him, i got him for 84k in league one with sunderland. Still got him now playing attacking mid playmaker in the prem, 4 years later got a 120m release clause though now. Class player and only 20. Seems random if he hits the big potential.
Seems to be for all players too. In my save danny loader from reading is class, just keeps getting better and is my starting left winger but on my mates game he never got better than championship player and we both 4 years in.

The amount of long shots the AI score is f***ing ridiculous like.

As soon as I see a highlight where my defenders clear a cross to a distance of about 20-30 yards I know the fucker is going right in the top corner.

7th season with the lads, 4th in Prem and finished in 5th place going one better than last season. Got knocked out in the Europa League semi final by Schalke on pens and I was gutted as we were 3-2 up on aggregate before a late goal and also having had 10 men after 55mim in the first leg and nearly drew that as well but again conceded late.

Need two new fullbacks and a left winger/IF and maybe could improve on the keeper, got 85m to spend but gonna struggle on FFP and the limit on foreigners as even average English players are ridiculously priced.

Last edited:
First season in the Prem with Sunderland. 5th after 6 games and unbeaten.

Signed about 15 players after winning the Championship in the second attempt (lost the playoff final the first time).

Anyone ever had glitches when players sign for the MLS?

I sold Danny Welbeck to a team in the MLS, decided to check how he peformed over there and he scored 256 goals or thereabouts in 2 games apparently.

I know the MLS is a bit shit but come on :lol:

Back