Football Manager 2019

Into my 3rd season with Rangers.

First Season: Being short on money, instantly decided to scrap wingers and sold the wingers for abit of money. Play with a 4-1-2-1-2 narrow. Means I don't need to spend money on players and Midfielders tend to be versatile in DM, CM and AM. Brought in N'Dong on a free, Ovie Ejaria on loan from Liverpool, Brahim Diaz on loan from Man City and Alexander Isak from BVB - didn't pay any wages for all 3. Had a complete overhaul of staff.

Finished 2nd to Celtic in the league, lost in the Quarter Finals of the Betfred Cup, lost in the Scottish Cup Final to Celtic, Failed to qualify for the Europa League. Really Struggled for goals from anyone but my loan signing (Chuba Akpom who scored 35 in all competitions) and despite finishing 2nd, had 16 draws with just 1 loss.

Brought in Jai Quitongo in January as his contract ran out and a young Irish Goalkeeper (Gavin Bazuna) for £65,000 with bags of potential. Allowed Isak to return to Dortmund after failing to score in 9 games.

Second Season: Brought in Tommie Hoban from Norwich who can play at any position in the back line for a free, Re-signed Brahim Diaz on loan despite him performing poorly and often having Ejaria or young players chosen over him. Tried to re-sign Ejaria, however he went to Celtic on loan. Brought in Samu Saiz from Leeds to play in the AM roll for £10.5million, making him my record signing to date. Brought in Keinan Davis on loan from Aston Villa to replace Akpom, Dodoo had finished his loan spell at Blackpool but I didn't believe he was good enough. Allowed Bazuna to go on loan to Partick Thistle in the Scottish Championship.

Topped the league 13 points ahead of runner up Celtic, won the Betfred Cup and the Scottish Cup, completing the domestic treble. Qualified for the Europa League, won my group but was knocked out over two legs in the First Knockout Stages vs Everton (despite being 2-0 up in the first leg, I drew 2-2 then lost to a 86th minute winner in the second leg).

Keinan Davis never really got a chance to make an impact after all 3 strikers (Quitongo, Morelos and Dodoo) had a brilliant start to the season, all 3 scoring for fun in the opening 10-15 games. Davis only got 11 games, scoring 3 times. All the other signings were brilliant, Saiz getting himself 23 goals and 16 assists in 53 games from an Attacking Midfielder position. Morelos never really performed, scoring just 17 in 57, compared to Dodoo who scored 36 in 55. Quitongo also struggled to find the net toward the end of the season. Left back, Borna Barisic has had a fantastic 2 season, his first season scoring 7 and assisting 22 and his second season assisting 27. Bazuna won the Scottish Championship young player of the year despite being a Goalkeeper. Despite having an alright first season with me, Didier N'Dong was on the bench most of the second season and left the club after his contract expired.

Third Season: I decided to Transfer list Scott Arfield, despite him playing over 70 games for me as a box-to-box midfielder and being one of my better players, he was going on 30 and I wanted to sell up whilst he still had some value. Despite coming Runner Up for the SPL Player Of The Season, I let Borna Barisic go for £14m. I instantly replaced him with LB James Husband from Norwich for £2.8m. I brought in Sheyi Ojo and Rhian Brewster on loan from Liverpool. Also Ashley Fletcher on a free as back-up as I plan on selling Morelos who was the current highest earner in the squad and was struggling. I accepted a bid from Everton for Morelos for £11m but the player couldn't agree on ersonal terms which was annoying especially since I hadn't started him in any friendlies or Champions League Qualifying games. I was still looking for a midfielder to replace Arfield/N'Dong and youngster Greg Docherty probably wasn't someone I could rely on. I managed to get Mo Besic from Everton for just £9m as he was unhappy and wasn't getting game time. He's easily the best player in the squad.

A great first Friendly of the season saw us beat PSG 3-1, we then went on to remain undefeated in both the Champions League Qualifying Rounds and Domestic Trophies, other than an abnormality against Aberdeen where we got hammered and 1-0 defeat was probably didn't reflect the game well as they should have been 3 or 4 up. Other than that and a draw against Shaktar Donetsk in a friendly, I've won every game. In the champions league, I've just played my first group game against Chelsea and won 3-1 at home. I also won Ajax twice (2-1 and 3-0) and Maribor twice (3-0 and 1-0) in the qualifying rounds. I sit 1 point off top of the table Celtic who have won 5, drawn 1. Brewster and Dodoo are proving to be a good partnership up top with Brewster scoring 9 in 10 and Dodoo scoring 10 in 16 so far this season.

Interesting to see Manchester City has signed Bazunu. Either Guardiola reads the SMB or I'm a tactical genius. No other explanation.

Just bought this year's. Played 2 games with preset tactics drew them both.

Think I'm just gonna choose my own.

I always mess my tactics up changing player roles when making subs. Always forget to keep them in same role even if it's not their strongest.

Started a new game with Exeter the other day and saw Jack Ross was sacked at Sunderland after half the season. They were 2nd, but because they’d lost 4 of the last 5 Donald sacked him, savage :lol:

How easy are you sacked first season with us? I'm 7th after 6 games but I don't seem to score many my defense just seem really solid.

Currently managing Munich in 25/26 season on my save.

Started at Charlton, didn't get them promoted but won back-to-back checkatrade trophies. I then got offered the Wolves job, took them to 2 7th place finishes and a League Cup win. Then Chelsea came calling and in my time there I won every trophy bar the Premier League. Munich came calling after my Champions League win and I'm currently 7 points clear top of Bundisliga.

Managed back to back promotions with Exeter, I found that being able to play 5 loan players a game makes it ridiculously easy to get players on the cheap who are far too good for the lower divisions. Already turned down interviews for the Wolves and Bournemouth jobs in the prem as well.

Sunderland were promoted first season with Carlos Carvalal taking over from Ross and were mid table in the second season. First time I’ve ever seen them get promoted and then survive comfortably.

Managed back to back promotions with Exeter, I found that being able to play 5 loan players a game makes it ridiculously easy to get players on the cheap who are far too good for the lower divisions. Already turned down interviews for the Wolves and Bournemouth jobs in the prem as well.

Sunderland were promoted first season with Carlos Carvalal taking over from Ross and were mid table in the second season. First time I’ve ever seen them get promoted and then survive comfortably.

Aye, free players and loans are piss easy in the lower divisions. There's loads of young players and regens that get released by the top clubs that fit easily into any non-league/lower league side and don't expect massive wages. You can pick up loan players easily too and not even have to worry about a wage. I love starting with lower league teams and building a player or 2 up to be Premier League quality while they travel from club to club with me.

Well,,,I don't know what to make of it. I've been using balanced mentality for 3 seasons. It's not working at all in the EPL. The wide play is unstoppable. Told the FBs to stay wide, doesn't matter. Their wingers always find their intended targets. My players make lots of mistakes. I didn't expect to stay up but I've lost every game and by 3/4 goals. It's just SO easy for the AI to score against me. I'm worried i'll get sacked at this rate before long. Then the game might go back on the shelf for another 6 months. Pity!

You shouldn't use the same mentality for every game. Be more aggressive with weaker sides defensive with stronger.

Tell full backs to stay wide makes your defense weaker not stronger. Narrow and compact to frustrate width makes you prone to conceding howay man

This game man.

2nd after 22 games 3 behind Portsmouth with game in hand. 4 clear of 3rd.

SD if I don't get 10 points from next 5 games im sacked

Just started a new save. Decided to start Unemployed with no Coaching Badges and an 'unknown' reputation.

At the end of October I took over Braintree who were bottom of the national league. W1 D2 L13. We were on 5 points after 16 games, 19 points from safety. Their finances were a mess too: about 2k over their 10k wage budget and no money to spend. Realized that their higher earners were wingers so changed to a 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow formation and sold the wingers to put the finances in the green. Got rid of the players they already had in on loan, all of whom Braintree were paying 100% of their wages (one of them was being paid £2,600) and brought in 6 of my own loanees (I'm nothing toward their wages) and 5 free transfers.

When I took over, we lost our first 3, drew, then lost again so it wasn't the nicest of starts, but we've gone on to improve. Since I've took over, we've W7 D2 L7 in the league, have been knocked out on the FA Cup and are into the FA Trophy R3. Been trying to get myself knocked out of the FA Trophy by playing weaker sides but we keep winning.

Currently sit in 22nd place on 28 points after 32 games, 12 points behind Gateshead in 20th. Getting there.

Game done it again. So guess it must be me. Get a good run going and then boom cant pick up a point.

Have now lost 7 on the trot. This has happened in every season I've played bar one.

I've changed tactic, formation, way i speak to them but it's always the same we lose a game or two and it falls to bits.

Game done it again. So guess it must be me. Get a good run going and then boom cant pick up a point.

Have now lost 7 on the trot. This has happened in every season I've played bar one.

I've changed tactic, formation, way i speak to them but it's always the same we lose a game or two and it falls to bits.
I’m going through something similar at the minute like. The amount of long range goals I’ve seen for the AI is absolutely ridiculous.

I’m going through something similar at the minute like. The amount of long range goals I’ve seen for the AI is absolutely ridiculous.
It happens too many times for me. I was meant to fight relegation so being mid table is great but dont understand what I'm doing wrong or how I can turn it around. No one is scoring and we let in loads. Previous 3 games before this run levein 4-0, 5-1 and 3-1. Went 2 points of playoffs and 5 off top.

Play team 18 at home and lose 3-0, have now lost the next 6.

It happens too many times for me. I was meant to fight relegation so being mid table is great but dont understand what I'm doing wrong or how I can turn it around. No one is scoring and we let in loads. Previous 3 games before this run levein 4-0, 5-1 and 3-1. Went 2 points of playoffs and 5 off top.

Play team 18 at home and lose 3-0, have now lost the next 6.

What pre and post match talks do you use?

Sounds like your being too harsh and killing the squads morale

And you have used every known assist online including your tactics, formation, training and when to bathe...

Taking SAFC to the EPL without cheating is impossible, in the timeframe you said, without cheating, boring! Hope you feel good about it anyway! The only person I would accept this claim from, is fyl2u. Because he's very thorough. I am not.

All I see. Is the AI taking the piss from season start to end. L1, 1st season easy. After that it's all anything bad that could happen, will happen. No player has the budget or tactics/traingin, formation savvy to get out of the champ 2nd season without cheating, copying some online user guide.

Ah, thanks mate. :)

Back