Football Manager 2019

Bought the game a couple of months ago and finally completed my first season :lol:

Went with the mighty Inverness Caledonian Thistle and finished top of the Scottish Championship. I’m finding recruitment a pain in the arse also as I can’t seem to find any players outside of Scotland even though I’ve got English leagues loaded as well. Ended up just raiding the championship and loaning players from Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen to pad the squad out for the upcoming season.

It is. The AI giving out stars for players who are average.

I don't pay much attention to the star ratings like, Gooch was always 3 stars but played out of his skin most weeks. He finished with the most assists in the prem one season and hit double figures. They also reckoned my German Regen I found from the equivalent of the conference wouldn't be up to it and now he's tipped as the next big thing.

Bought the game a couple of months ago and finally completed my first season :lol:

Went with the mighty Inverness Caledonian Thistle and finished top of the Scottish Championship. I’m finding recruitment a pain in the arse also as I can’t seem to find any players outside of Scotland even though I’ve got English leagues loaded as well. Ended up just raiding the championship and loaning players from Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen to pad the squad out for the upcoming season.

I was tempted to do one with Partick Thistle but opted for the lads in the end, this is the only time I've ever done half decent with them.

Last edited:
It's 2022 and i'm taking the lads up even if it means buggery...that means cheating, replaying saves etc.

The game cheats, so shall I!

Started a new save and yet again it does the same.

Got shields within 2 points of top and now lost the last 5.

f***ing sick of this now.

Sign better players marra. Does the job.

It's not about tactics when the regens get involved. Just about having the strongest, quickest lads
Well,,,I don't know what to make of it. I've been using balanced mentality for 3 seasons. It's not working at all in the EPL. The wide play is unstoppable. Told the FBs to stay wide, doesn't matter. Their wingers always find their intended targets. My players make lots of mistakes. I didn't expect to stay up but I've lost every game and by 3/4 goals. It's just SO easy for the AI to score against me. I'm worried i'll get sacked at this rate before long. Then the game might go back on the shelf for another 6 months. Pity!

Well,,,I don't know what to make of it. I've been using balanced mentality for 3 seasons. It's not working at all in the EPL. The wide play is unstoppable. Told the FBs to stay wide, doesn't matter. Their wingers always find their intended targets. My players make lots of mistakes. I didn't expect to stay up but I've lost every game and by 3/4 goals. It's just SO easy for the AI to score against me. I'm worried i'll get sacked at this rate before long. Then the game might go back on the shelf for another 6 months. Pity!

Just buy the best young players in the world mate. Easy enough to get if you get your scouting right. Then go from there. Likes of Mexico , Portugal & Brazil produce regens you can get for cheaper

Anyone ever used Alexander Isak? Signed him out of contract from Dortmund for the lads 2022. Finished joint top scorer with Harry Kane (spurs)

Finished 6th. Signed a player called Andre Horta who’s also a baller.

Just buy the best young players in the world mate. Easy enough to get if you get your scouting right. Then go from there. Likes of Mexico , Portugal & Brazil produce regens you can get for cheaper
I don't know how to exploit regens. Haven't played the game since 2016. I'm wondering if it's a game of extremes, no "balanced" about it i.e. full width! maximum pressing etc etc

I don't know how to exploit regens. Haven't played the game since 2016. I'm wondering if it's a game of extremes, no "balanced" about it i.e. full width! maximum pressing etc etc

Just send your scouts out for a year with potential at superb and maximum age at 19

Back