Donald not responding to takeover offers?

He's got 10k sales and without a doubt the "force him out" thinking is a minority of fans.....i suspect a half decent start to the season would see crowds in excess of 20k. That is however assuming we're allowed back in.
I think there's one of three things going on with Donald, marra. 1. He's absolutely convinced that one day he'll make a lot of money from us. 2. He's desperate to be liked and really see's himself as the bloke who eventually saved us. 3. There's something in the clubs books that is very ugly and Donald doesn't want it raising it's head in public.

I think there's one of three things going on with Donald, marra. 1. He's absolutely convinced that one day he'll make a lot of money from us. 2. He's desperate to be liked and really see's himself as the bloke who eventually saved us. 3. There's something in the clubs books that is very ugly and Donald doesn't want it raising it's head in public.
That’s a very good point about the books. I’ve been wondering the same mesel for a while. It will be interesting to see what grumpy can unearth when the accounts are released.

It’ll also be hook-a-duck for the other clubs in league one who are FAR smarter than we are.
Aye ya could be right marra,we wont have long to wait if the Efl sanction a sept start.I dont know when window opens,but for us it doesnt matter as loads of Maddisons and Baily Wrights are out of contract and can sign tomorrow

That’s a very good point about the books. I’ve been wondering the same mesel for a while. It will be interesting to see what grumpy can unearth when the accounts are released.
I think he's said before that they don't publish everything mate. If iirc @Grumpy Old Man has even said he'd rather not know the full ins and outs because it opens him up to all sorts.

I think he's said before that they don't publish everything mate. If iirc @Grumpy Old Man has even said he'd rather not know the full ins and outs because it opens him up to all sorts.
Aye, fair point. We’ve seen how people are treated when what they say doesn’t fit the narrative.

I don't think it's got anything to do with ego. I just think he's seen how shite the league is and reckons we can bungle our way to promotion and as such he'll earn more £££ when he sells up.

Aye ya could be right marra,we wont have long to wait if the Efl sanction a sept start.I dont know when window opens,but for us it doesnt matter as loads of Maddisons and Baily Wrights are out of contract and can sign tomorrow
I honestly think we could transform the team for no cost in terms of fees. There’s some quality ( at this level) players out of contract.

I don't think it's got anything to do with ego. I just think he's seen how shite the league is and reckons we can bungle our way to promotion and as such he'll earn more £££ when he sells up.
Well we've ballsed it up twice. If he thought getting promoted was so easy he should be looking at those he trusted to do it and handing them a P45.

Stats prove ye can get promoted on fook all.....we drew 20 odd games 1st season due to mini Moyles shitting his pants..

Honestly hate this fucker. I’m desperate for us to go up but I don’t want the fucker to make any money

We should have just gone into administration after short it would have been more fun, but Short + EFL agreed otherwise.

All we're doing is suffering for 2 / 3 seasons to make sure some individual people make a massive profit + clearing debts I guess when we should of just done what Southampton did and went into administration.

All we've done is hurt ourselves for 2 / 3 seasons not moving forward, paying debt off etc. I would of preferred a harsh punishment and started from scratch with a rebuild.

I guess we're doing it the noble way, but frustrating when others have been cop outs and took the easier route.

I honestly think we could transform the team for no cost in terms of fees. There’s some quality ( at this level) players out of contract.
Agree,thing is i know people will say its the same clearout as normal this summer.However due to virus and clubs having no income for months,very good players at this level wont be able to continue rolling contracts.

As much as I want Donald to sell up and fuck off, I hope he continues to ignore the likes of Sammy Yu and Mark Campbell.

But yet he accepted Mark Campbell’s offer that would have seen him retain shares.
He will always want to maintain some stake in the hope we get promoted and he can make money. That will the sticking point.

He needs to recoup his Eastleigh money

Last edited by a moderator:
If DS was really selling the club why bring in so many "new people" , new CEO, new Club Secretary ex Swindon and god knows who else. No I think he should be honest and say hes in it for the long term.

It would be nice to hear statements from some of the players but I guess they've been gagged.

Back