Donald not responding to takeover offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd call that a good thing, if he's not selling to Saudi interests or to investors with dubious track records.

That's a non-sequitur. The statement means nothing more than they won't just sell to anyone. They may well believe that they are currently interested in the long-term future of the club. Many supporters will no doubt disagree with that, vehemently. But the logical jump you're trying to make there is way beyond breaking point.
The Chronicle article for me raises more questions that now need to be answered as to just who the interested parties are and the preferred bidder..perhaps we shall see that in the follow up article next week. We all acknowledge that keeping the names of the prospective buyers of the Club out of the media are par for the course of any take over. However, I would expect that common courtesy dictates that a response to any formal written letter of enquiry to purchase the club is answered, should i have made an offer to buy the club..
By not responding to any formal letter of intent show to me ,a complete lack of business acumen, shall we say, not that I believe these owners now have any.. These people, Donald & Methven,as have others have commented on have peddled the notion for sale of the club and the preferred buyer back in early March I believe, if my memory serves me correctly. The owners by their once daily comments in the media and more latterly by Charles Methven, who had purported too anyone who would listen that the sale would be completed by the end of May, as you yourself have commented on in this forum.
Well May has come and gone as has June. We are now in the early stages of July.....And still the sale has not yet been completed. I sincerely hope that more questions are asked on a much more regular basis by media out lets and by others because as others have reported that Donald does not want to sell the Club...On that, he he has no choice as eventually, he will have to do. If i were a betting man, I would predict not at the price or profit margin he once thought he would do.

The Chronicle article for me raises more questions that now need to be answered as to just who the interested parties are and the preferred bidder..perhaps we shall see that in the follow up article next week. We all acknowledge that keeping the names of the prospective buyers of the Club out of the media are par for the course of any take over. However, I would expect that common courtesy dictates that a response to any formal written letter of enquiry to purchase the club is answered, should i have made an offer to buy the club..
By not responding to any formal letter of intent show to me ,a complete lack of business acumen, shall we say, not that I believe these owners now have any.. These people, Donald & Methven,as have others have commented on have peddled the notion for sale of the club and the preferred buyer back in early March I believe, if my memory serves me correctly. The owners by their once daily comments in the media and more latterly by Charles Methven, who had purported too anyone who would listen that the sale would be completed by the end of May, as you yourself have commented on in this forum.
Well May has come and gone as has June. We are now in the early stages of July.....And still the sale has not yet been completed. I sincerely hope that more questions are asked on a much more regular basis by media out lets and by others because as others have reported that Donald does not want to sell the Club...On that, he he has no choice as eventually, he will have to do. If i were a betting man, I would predict not at the price or profit margin he once thought he would do.
They have been a pair of kidders from the very start. As far as I am concerned Rule Number One with them is don't believe darn thing they say until you actually see it.

If DS was really selling the club why bring in so many "new people" , new CEO, new Club Secretary ex Swindon and god knows who else. No I think he should be honest and say hes in it for the long term.

It would be nice to hear statements from some of the players but I guess they've been gagged.
Agree, but hope we're wrong.

Club is no longer for sale. He's just not telling anyone and making us all believe it is for sale. He's holding out hoping we'll be promoted so then he'll get his price. Just my opinion like

And this is why fans should be knee where near the boardroom....the Chronicle now speaks the gospel, Fook me....

Donald trying to have one last go could be completely a non starter if the wage cap goes through, any potential buyers will then know that we can't outspend teams so will be more of a risk with our location

Donald trying to have one last go could be completely a non starter if the wage cap goes through, any potential buyers will then know that we can't outspend teams so will be more of a risk with our location
Got no chance of going through in the next couple of years at least .Will need to spread over a few seasons,clubs coming down and clubs like us and ipswich already have players on big contracts.We will be in the prem by then,pass me another can pet cheers

Still by far the biggest club in l1 poss out of prem. Stadium training ground and fan base are all factors. If new ownership brought new manager a tide of ambition could see is up. Lots of players would want to be involved. Doubt most of Keane signings came for vast amounts of cash for example. Same with reid.

SD is just f***ing us about, and until him and salmon pants make the whopping profit they think they deserve they’ll continue to just grind the club into the ground. I doubt SD will ever communicate with us again until he’s gone. Rodwell will be the only gobshite offered up
Let's be honest there are loads of rumours about this takeover andd that takeover,, nobody actually knows the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back