Donald not responding to takeover offers?

Football fans are fickle let's face it

I know for a fact if we comfortably won the league next season a chunk of our support would be willing to forgive him. That's what he's banking on sadly

or doesn’t care
This ^ I’m surprised people don’t realise this ? His mate has dissed the fans at every opportunity and I’ve no doubt he feels the same way ! He probably still thinks we owe him and aren’t grateful enough. Takes us for ignorant mugs and assumes we don’t realise how he acquired this club !

I dislike this fucker more than any person that’s ever been associated with our club - including the ‘piss takers’ Rodwell, N’Dong, Kone and Djilobodji who they told us were the ones holding the club down etc.

Hobbling little chancer

Football fans are fickle let's face it

I know for a fact if we comfortably won the league next season a chunk of our support would be willing to forgive him. That's what he's banking on sadly
Most wouldn't. Most can see the damage he's done to the academy teams stunting our growth. Most would struggle to look past him removing an obligation to repay a 20 million debt. And most can see that he has zero interest in anything other than his bank balance.

Most wouldn't. Most can see the damage he's done to the academy teams stunting our growth. Most would struggle to look past him removing an obligation to repay a 20 million debt. And most can see that he has zero interest in anything other than his bank balance.

I sadly disagree.

We have a large section of fans who will happy clap shite. If we went up as champions there would be many asking does he deserve another chance. Time will tell

I sadly disagree.

We have a large section of fans who will happy clap shite. If we went up as champions there would be many asking does he deserve another chance. Time will tell
Aye only time can tell on that. I think he's either banking on that happening, or has a preferred bidder. And its probably safe to assume the relevant bidder won't be whats best for the club.

Bit of a crappy article really and sounds like they dont know really who was in the picture of buying the club then usually suspects of Campbell and Gray, poor journalism to sell papers

Two bits of that article for considerations

Throughout any claims that Donald has been complicated to negotiate with, Madrox have always said that they will only sell to the right people who they believe would take the club forward and not endanger the club’s long-term future.

Does this mean that they acknowledge that Madrox recognise that they are detrimental and dangerous to the future of the existence of the Club and have no real interest in the future of Sunderland AFC.?

It is understood that the group reached out to Donald to express their interest and were told that someone would be in contact.

However, after waiting over a week with no contact, the group reached out to Donald again and received no reply.

Chronicle Live has seen evidence of the correspondence.

As we all now know communication let them down (get it) with the fans. Is it any wonder that the same appears to be going on with potential buyers, who seemingly have the cash , unlike Donald & Co to buy and progress the Club forward.. He must be really trying to cover up whatever is hidden in the club accounts before any sale..

That's a non-sequitur. The statement means nothing more than they won't just sell to anyone. They may well believe that they are currently interested in the long-term future of the club. Many supporters will no doubt disagree with that, vehemently. But the logical jump you're trying to make there is way beyond breaking point.

No, he was trying to sell to Campbell last year. It’s well reported. More chance Of me buying the club that MG. He’s just full of bullshit. Sammy Yu- o

So the Magmedia call Stewie out and loads on here still slag them off and accuse them of lying?

What do you want the Magmedia to do?
Anything that shines a light on what’s going on here is welcome, regardless of source or in my opinion, veracity. If it’s bullshit he will challenge it. He has previous.

My guess is he's rolling the dice one more time.

It's still not clear what the EFL will look like in 12 months time. There could well be a lot of decent players available on frees before next season.

He's hoping that he will be in a good position to sell at a profit, by getting promoted due to the issues at other clubs or due to a restructured EFL. SAFC in the Championship would easily be worth £40 - £50 million.

If he fails, Madrox is a limited Company, not a lot to lose.

The worry isn't that people don't want him to make a profit. The concern is that, because he knows he can get a decent profit if we go up, he might be actively not listening to fair bids now. If he suddenly gets it right, we get a young, hungry, pacy side and tear up the league then great, he can have it. All evidence thus far, however, suggests that he'll make more mistakes, still not get us up, and potentially risk the club's entire future. He's basically gambling at this point. He's not got the people or the vision to get us promoted but he'll roll the dice again because he can't accept that he's going to make a loss. For the gambler at the roulette machine who is down on their money, sometimes the last spin will come in and they'll go home up, but the majority of the time it leads to worse and worse problems. Only in this scenario he's not the only one that suffers.
If he’s gambling we are cattle trucked. We’ve seen how good he is at it. Will grigg anyone?

He will end up selling at a loss.
SD just doesn’t have the personal wealth to bankroll us, and we still have a number of big earners on the books.
I reckon the FPP loan, combined with selling off a few more children, will allow him to get through one more season. He’s going for one last roll of the dice to get us to the championship - and a perceived higher sale price. Yikes.
He could rectify those things tbf. He obviously won’t - he probably isn’t either willing or capable - but it should be possible. We need to be run properly, that’s all. We really shouldn’t care who does that.

Last edited:

Back