Donald not responding to takeover offers?

If only 10,00 have renewed and we had 24,000 season ticket holders last season and 30, 000 plus average gates then it would appear that it's more than a minority who want him out. Unless of course I was off school the day they brought this new Maths in
You are assuming that people have not renewed because of our ownwership, nothing to do with a certain pandemic meaning we probably won't be able to watch them anyway. Your maths may be ok, your logic is badly flawed.😁

I don't have any more details but I heard from someone I trust that one international group tried to make contact a few months back. The impression I got (I have no idea who the group is) was that they are probably not minted but they are very well experienced at organising sporting concerns around the world.

I haven't heard a peep since. That doesn't suggest to me that things are ticking along in the background, more that they didn't get off first base.

We don't know of course. Confidentiality is very important, the lack of it has maybe cost us in the past. But at the same time, when the club tell the fans' groups and the press that we are for sale, we have no idea of whether any of their intentions are serious or if they are simply continuing to string us along, probably the latter.

So some tryekickers got knocked back.....whoopeeee....

This is the worry. State we’re in now we’re very susceptible to being taken over by someone as shite as the hobbler or even worse. How f***ing depressing.
And as much as his relationship with the fans has gone to shit, weve got to hope that when he does sell, its to someone who, as well as paying his price, will be a safe pair of hands who can take the club forwards.

He will end up selling at a loss.
SD just doesn’t have the personal wealth to bankroll us, and we still have a number of big earners on the books.

Two bits of that article for considerations

Throughout any claims that Donald has been complicated to negotiate with, Madrox have always said that they will only sell to the right people who they believe would take the club forward and not endanger the club’s long-term future.

Does this mean that they acknowledge that Madrox recognise that they are detrimental and dangerous to the future of the existence of the Club and have no real interest in the future of Sunderland AFC.?

It is understood that the group reached out to Donald to express their interest and were told that someone would be in contact.

However, after waiting over a week with no contact, the group reached out to Donald again and received no reply.

Chronicle Live has seen evidence of the correspondence.

As we all now know communication let them down (get it) with the fans. Is it any wonder that the same appears to be going on with potential buyers, who seemingly have the cash , unlike Donald & Co to buy and progress the Club forward.. He must be really trying to cover up whatever is hidden in the club accounts before any sale..

He owns a loss-making business, whose situation is deteriorating....why wouldn’t he sell? Only explanations.... (1) he’s stupid, (2) the offers are so poor he’d lose more by selling. Both are possible.... I suspect both are true.

It's incredible that so many have renewed given there's little hope of even attending next season.
I disagree with this - as long as a serious second peak comes, I think we'll be open for business come September. There may be limited capacities in grounds, but I think it will happen.

It depends what the offers were. If the were totally derisory or not in the best interested of the club then Donald has done the right thing. Just because Donald isn’t doing a great job doesn’t mean he should get rid to anyone.

this isn't going to go well, I can hear the pitch forks being sharpened tbh....... 😬
If there is a new buyer, the paper are saying they have evidence, and then say they had a reply from Madrox saying they aren't aware of any interest that they haven't responded to
SD is just f***ing us about, and until him and salmon pants make the whopping profit they think they deserve they’ll continue to just grind the club into the ground. I doubt SD will ever communicate with us again until he’s gone. Rodwell will be the only gobshite offered up

He owns a loss-making business, whose situation is deteriorating....why wouldn’t he sell? Only explanations.... (1) he’s stupid, (2) the offers are so poor he’d lose more by selling. Both are possible.... I suspect both are true.
According to Stewy and Charles we were going to make £5m profit and are in great financial shape.

He will always want to maintain some stake in the hope we get promoted and he can make money. That will the sticking point.

This. He’s pretty much said it. He wants to stay in for the profits of the premier league. Part of me wouldn’t care if we improve BUT if it rules out other deals it leaves the club stuck with his dire leadership and stops us progressing. This is not ‘In the best interests of the club‘

Back