Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Approx 94/95 I was caught doing 102 mph on the A1 near Wetherby.

Had to go to magistrates court in Wetherby, to explain myself. I made up some bullshit about a new job and needing to be able to drive (hoping they wouldn't take my licence), it worked, they gave me £120 fine and 6 points instead (OUCH, I was only on £90 per week)...

Turd for brains. x

Yes you are. Fancy speeding at your age... x

and sorted... x

I got caught doing 57 in a 50 (average speed check) on the M1 about 4 years ago.

I was offered and did the SAC. I was 22 and didn’t fancy a significant increase in my insurance because of the 3 points.

I stuck to the limits and managed to last over 4 years when I was delivering.
If you're being serious about your opinions on speed limits, then i'm afraid you shouldn't have a licence at all.

As long as you LEARN from it.
To me, it's not about fines or points or courses - it's about not being an arse and risking killing innocent people who have the audacity to be in the same area as a speeding vehicle.

Never had a crash or been a dick when driving I was just under the impression the road I was on was a 40 but it was a 30 - easy mistake to make. I had the bairn in the car so I wasn't driving stupidly or anything just caught on the wrong road at the wrong time is all.

I very much doubt that
Maybe the only offence you got caught for in 28 years;)
Not at all. I annoy people by driving within the limit, positioning correctly in the road to turn and signal early to indicate where I'm going.

The abuse you get for doing this is unreal

I did a Speed Awareness Course recently (80 on A1M at 2am:rolleyes:) Seeing the difference in stopping distance between 30 and 40, and subsequent wipe-out of (cardboard cut-out) pedestrian, was an eye opener. Also learned that all road signs and paint on the road is 'reactive'. It means they put it there because something happened there in the past.
'More paint= more pain'. 'Every speed camera is usually a shrine'.
Every mobile camera is a reverse cash-machine, mind!

I did a Speed Awareness Course recently (80 on A1M at 2am:rolleyes:) Seeing the difference in stopping distance between 30 and 40, and subsequent wipe-out of (cardboard cut-out) pedestrian, was an eye opener. Also learned that all road signs and paint on the road is 'reactive'. It means they put it there because something happened there in the past.
'More paint= more pain'. 'Every speed camera is usually a shrine'.
Every mobile camera is a reverse cash-machine, mind!

They do spout a lot of bullshit at them as well, you should ask them what they think of there being more crashes on roads that have had 20mph speed limits introduced in place of 30mph ones. Trying to claim EVERY speed camera is usually a shrine is absolutely f***ing nonsense as well.
Mind having said all that it's usually best just to let them spout their bullshit so it all ends quicker

They do spout a lot of bullshit at them as well, you should ask them what they think of there being more crashes on roads that have had 20mph speed limits introduced in place of 30mph ones. Trying to claim EVERY speed camera is usually a shrine is absolutely f***ing nonsense as well.
Mind having said all that it's usually best just to let them spout their bullshit so it all ends quicker

Nod. Smile.;)

Link below to the interactive casualty map for the north of England. This is managed by Gateshead Council and populated with Police data in response to FOI requests. The database is populated on a rolling last 5 full years basis and currently goes back to 2012. The database only includes RTC's where there has been injury sustained so no minor shunts or vehicles through hedges etc. You can click on the individual incidents and pick up brief casualty details.
Paints a bit of a picture when all years and accidents are ticked in the index and the map is zoomed out.

Interactive Casualty Map

Was trying my best to stick to the 20mph limit up St Lukes Road from Pallion last night with some geezer close enough behind me to have opened the boot. As soon as he got half a chance he overtook and was away. Must have been doing at least 50. Not sure I see the need for that road to be a 20, it's pretty wide and visibility is good, but the speed he shot off was daft.

Was trying my best to stick to the 20mph limit up St Lukes Road from Pallion last night with some geezer close enough behind me to have opened the boot. As soon as he got half a chance he overtook and was away. Must have been doing at least 50. Not sure I see the need for that road to be a 20, it's pretty wide and visibility is good, but the speed he shot off was daft.
Past the school innit.

Please can you provide some evidence of the bit in bold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back