Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Just been caught on Mother's Day doing 42mph in a 30 zone on Ferryboat Lane in the wife's car.

Is there anyway this could be a speed awareness course to avoid points?

Would it be 3 or 6 points and a fine?

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!
You done the course before? Our lass (no) got caught doing 42 in a 30 and attended the speed course

You done the course before? Our lass (no) got caught doing 42 in a 30 and attended the speed course

Yeah I have been on one about 8 years ago. Have to just wait and see what they come back with now. I think it will be £100 fine and 3 points after hearing others on this thread and someone my Mam knows got the same but was going 45mph in a 30mph zone. Hoodlum.

Quite a strange thing to post mate.

Are you one of them like?

A money making con :lol:

How about you use your eyes and your brakes and you won’t get fined
Haway man, everyone knows they are primarily for making money. If you had the option to use that resource to make money you’d be a fool not to.
Here, I wasn’t complianing if you see my first post. I was tired and on an unfamiliar road and I just missed that one. I was making up time due to the inclement weather earlier on.

Because many speed limits are excessively low and if you stuck to them you’d never get anywhere.

1/3 of a mile from the end .Do you agree its there just to make money?

I know that one fairly well Dave. Rush hour traffic often backs up to that point hence the speed reduction. Possibly could now be a changeable gantry limit but as it's so close to the motorway end I doubt they will bother.

I was recently done for doing 37 in a 30 zone......I'm not as wicked as you!!
I was offered an £80 fine,no points and a speed awareness course or £100 fine and 3 points if I did not opt for the course. I did not have any outstanding points on my licence....my previous conviction was about 7 years ago.
Hope this helps.
I got the same as this and took the points coz couldn't face wasting a full day on that shite

I like Herbal,his threads are class.Whilst I'd not wish to see him banned from driving it would be class if he was up in court and the echo published his mitigation for driving 90mph in a 30 zone whilst checking his internet banking and making a brew.

"Dave defended his actions claiming speed limits are form of dictatorship and stressed his other actions did not put pedestrians at risk as he always does it"

Was on my first speed awareness course through Durham last week which was quite informative tbh and more to the point entertaining..

Couple of know it all 's on the course ,but the most entertaining was a geezer who came in late and charged up off the drink.He slavered on something rotten about shite it was comical .
Ex flatty who tried to justify why he was excempt from any laws of the land was swiftly slapped down by the gadgie taking the class.
I had the same. Some old fella who kept saying he had drove lorries for 40 year and not had an accident, the bloke ripped him apart.
They did a thing where you wrote down the reason for speeding then halfway through a real life video they stopped it at the point where some young lad who was killed on his way to school mother was asking why you where speeding!!!
Pretty much every excuse that's been posted on here came out.

I had the same. Some old fella who kept saying he had drove lorries for 40 year and not had an accident, the bloke ripped him apart.
They did a thing where you wrote down the reason for speeding then halfway through a real life video they stopped it at the point where some young lad who was killed on his way to school mother was asking why you where speeding!!!
Pretty much every excuse that's been posted on here came out.
Isn’t an excuse tbh ,we all do it at times but no excuse in the world for it .

Lack of concentration is the reason I was done ,simple as that really .

Back