Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Just been caught on Mother's Day doing 42mph in a 30 zone on Ferryboat Lane in the wife's car.

Is there anyway this could be a speed awareness course to avoid points?

Would it be 3 or 6 points and a fine?

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!

SAC is typically up to 42mph in a 30. You’ve probably just avoided it.

Does the letter say you’ve done 42 or did your speedo say 42?

The sentencing council says 42 in a 30 is 4-6pts and potentially a disqualification from driving for a month though

Letter says 42. Does this mean I can ask for a SAC?
I got caught doing that near the harbour view pub about ten years back. Was going to the Vic for my dinner

Did not get the option of a course, just the three points.

My only offence in 28 years of driving

Just been caught on Mother's Day doing 42mph in a 30 zone on Ferryboat Lane in the wife's car.

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!
Not a chance imo as it's quite a way above the driving limit. Sure it's only if you are just above and deemed "trainable".

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!

i get caught doing 45 in a 30 along past Fulford Grange after graft one morning, got 3 points and £100 fine then me f***ing insurance went up £100 as well!

New rules on fines though, so it will depend on your salary for the fine, you could ask to spread the cost as it will be substantial.

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!

I was recently done for doing 37 in a 30 zone......I'm not as wicked as you!!
I was offered an £80 fine,no points and a speed awareness course or £100 fine and 3 points if I did not opt for the course. I did not have any outstanding points on my licence....my previous conviction was about 7 years ago.
Hope this helps.

New rules on fines though, so it will depend on your salary for the fine, you could ask to spread the cost as it will be substantial.

disgusting the new fine system like i got pinched doing 80 on the A184 when they had it down to a 50 the copper said i was lucky that he was in a good mood as i could of gone to court i got 3 points and a £100 fine

Back