Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it have to prove something?

Surely it need some context to justify the question, why ask it if it was for no other reason than to find out the fastest speed they had done. Why did you ask the question if it wasn't to prove something or to make a point?

Surely it need some context to justify the question, why ask it if it was for no other reason than to find out the fastest speed they had done. Why did you ask the question if it wasn't to prove something or to make a point?
Maybe the point was to find the fastest speed driven?

Most I’ve done is 150% of the speed limit when I went into a short 40 zone sandwiched between two 60s without realising.

Oops.

That’s not the highest overall speed of course.

Well yes but they don’t, so if you want the job you’re expected to break the law.

But it’s also a bit naive to pretend that everyone drives to the limits.

I can see where you're coming from , but I have to say , I honestly didn't speed when I was delivering, and I always managed ok.
In fact, another lad who used to be on deliveries (the same nights as me), used to go tear-arsing around , yet we always ended up doing roughly the same amount of deliveries as each other per night.
His lights were always on the blink though - I used to put it down to 'flying' over speed humps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back