Doing 42mph in a 30mph zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

They do spout a lot of bullshit at them as well, you should ask them what they think of there being more crashes on roads that have had 20mph speed limits introduced in place of 30mph ones. Trying to claim EVERY speed camera is usually a shrine is absolutely f***ing nonsense as well.
Mind having said all that it's usually best just to let them spout their bullshit so it all ends quicker
Correct

I see. You come across as a bit of a speed bell but you might just be right on 20mph zones.

Although, link 1

“Taking into account people with less serious injuries, overall road casualties fell by 22 per cent after the scheme was introduced.”

And ROSPA are behind it.

Seems like a local newspaper and CarThrottle mightn’t be balanced sources.

Last edited:
I was doing 125 on the M6 up near Shap - completely clear road at 6am, anyhow, looked in the mirror, flashing blue lights, I naturally thought 'oh fuck' - the Police Car drew alongside, the copper wagged his finger, then sped off to something more important, a sobering experience, potentially avoided courts, points fines bannings god knows what, I keep it below 100 these days

I see. You come across as a bit of a speed bell but you might just be right on 20mph zones.

Although, link 1

“Taking into account people with less serious injuries, overall road casualties fell by 22 per cent after the scheme was introduced.”

And ROSPA are behind it.

Seems like a local newspaper and CarThrottle mightn’t be balanced sources.

Everyone has their own agenda. ROSPA have a vested interest in being seen to be doing something.

I do believe driver attention to the road decreases, both through boredom and due to distractions like arseholes tailgating. Wouldn't surprise me if that increases volume of incidents.

Everyone has their own agenda. ROSPA have a vested interest in being seen to be doing something.

I do believe driver attention to the road decreases, both through boredom and due to distractions like arseholes tailgating. Wouldn't surprise me if that increases volume of incidents.

Why would ROSPA back something that results in more accidents?

I think this is a bit of black magic statistics mind. There’s something not quite right about it all.

Just been caught on Mother's Day doing 42mph in a 30 zone on Ferryboat Lane in the wife's car.

Is there anyway this could be a speed awareness course to avoid points?

Would it be 3 or 6 points and a fine?

How much is the fine?

Cheers road racers!
Tosser!

What's the fastest that you have ever driven?

What's the relevance of the question though?

Am I proper careful about what speed I'm doing all the time? No, not at all.

I do have a bit of a gripe with people who think they're above both the speed limit and being caught speeding.

Am I guilty of speeding? Possibly. I couldn't have any complaints if I was knowingly speeding. Would be a bit shit if I didn't realise I was mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back