Doctor Who

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thought it was okay. Villainous American businessman was a bit cliched. Spiders scary for kids. Bit of a filler episode with the main aim being getting the team to be the team permanently.

What happened to the spiders they locked way - did they starve, dehydrate or kill each other after having to listen to a load of Grime music

Just watched it. A steaming pile of shite. They have become obsessed with being PC. Is she your girlfriend? FFS. They'll make the next doctor a transvestite just so they can tick another box. The one after that will be in a wheelchair.

Star Trek managed to make a brilliant female led series with Voyager. This doctor who variation is turning into a disaster.

Just watched it. A steaming pile of shite. They have become obsessed with being PC. Is she your girlfriend? FFS. They'll make the next doctor a transvestite just so they can tick another box. The one after that will be in a wheelchair.

Star Trek managed to make a brilliant female led series with Voyager. This doctor who variation is turning into a disaster.
The next one will be a gay black transvestite Muslim with cerebral palsy and one arm. Or a chinese midget. I doubt we'll ever see a plain old white male Doctor again, too anti-PC for the beeb.

I've got nowt against Jodie, I was looking forward to a fresh start for Doctor Who and a woman Dr for a change, but imo she's just shite at playing the role.

Just watched the spider episode and I think one of the main problems with the series so far is that Jodie is sharing the screen with 3 other people. She rarely gets a word in. Pretty hard to make the character your own when you're only getting 1/4th of the lines.

Also, in the episode:
-same sex marriages
-Doctor lesbian
-gun-toting American conservative hotel magnate idiot that wants to shoot everything and run for president
-girl power
I wish they'd just drop the political shite and get back to kicking alien arse. It's Doctor Who ffs, not a Party Political Broadcast by the Lib Dem party.

Just watched it now, I quite enjoyed it. Doctor Who has always been political but even then, there wasn't much of it in this one.

Watched the Rosa Parks episode on the player and couldn't work so much of it out.
Why would an alien racist, portrayed by a white man of course, want to travel through time and space to do what he tried to do? What was his motivation other than he didn't like black people? Even when they weren't on his own planet. Why did he not like black people? You'd expect an alien race with the technology to travel through time and space to be above that kind of thing, to be too advanced for something that petty.
Who was he and how did he know the Tardis was a Tardis?. Why did he put his suitcase of alien stuff in that old workshop and right in the middle of the floor? I know it was behind a blanking field that rendered it invisible but you'd still have tucked it away in the corner, or behind a post. It would have been harder to find if he'd stuck it in his hotel wardrobe.
Why did the bus drivers just accept what Bradley told them about timetable changes? A stranger, somebody they would never have met in the company before, with an English accent and they just accepted he worked for the company. That's just the blatant anomalies I spotted, there were other questions I asked all the way through the show.
The story of Rosa Parks is a good enough story to do but not in this ham fisted way. A kids scifi show wasn't the right setting it should have been a dedicated drama. It was ripped off another show anyway.

Why would an alien racist, portrayed by a white man of course, want to travel through time and space to do what he tried to do? What was his motivation other than he didn't like black people? Even when they weren't on his own planet. Why did he not like black people?
Why you say?

Logon or register to see this image

White men are bad, haven't you figured that out yet? It's all ower the news man.

Watched the Rosa Parks episode on the player and couldn't work so much of it out.
Why would an alien racist, portrayed by a white man of course, want to travel through time and space to do what he tried to do? What was his motivation other than he didn't like black people? Even when they weren't on his own planet. Why did he not like black people? You'd expect an alien race with the technology to travel through time and space to be above that kind of thing, to be too advanced for something that petty.
Who was he and how did he know the Tardis was a Tardis?. Why did he put his suitcase of alien stuff in that old workshop and right in the middle of the floor? I know it was behind a blanking field that rendered it invisible but you'd still have tucked it away in the corner, or behind a post. It would have been harder to find if he'd stuck it in his hotel wardrobe.
Why did the bus drivers just accept what Bradley told them about timetable changes? A stranger, somebody they would never have met in the company before, with an English accent and they just accepted he worked for the company. That's just the blatant anomalies I spotted, there were other questions I asked all the way through the show.
The story of Rosa Parks is a good enough story to do but not in this ham fisted way. A kids scifi show wasn't the right setting it should have been a dedicated drama. It was ripped off another show anyway.

I thought it was pretty crap - it was all a bit too worthy. Rosa Parks was a very brave woman, the KKK were stringing blacks up at the time and this trivialised the whole protest.

It might not be as subtle as it used to be but I'm not wrong. The Sun Makers has someone try to commit suicide because of capitalism for crying out loud.
Next episode count how many references there are to anything political. I think you'll be surprised. I've recently rewatched S1-8 of Doctor Who and it only started popping up from around S6 onwards (the reptile lesbian was probably the first obvious one, not that I've got owt against reptiles or lesbians). Now every episode has a gay couple or gay joke or left wing political statement wrapped up in the dialogue. The first scene of the episode was a woman who was married to the man's niece. Then, Yaz's Mum to Yaz: "Are you 2 seeing eachother?", Doctor: "Er, no, are we? I don't know, maybe". What purpose did either scene serve other than to say "HEY LOOK EVERYONE, LESBIANS ARE COOL!"

It's good to see gay relationships being normalised imo as there's nothing worse than a biggot idiot, but haway man, it's Doctor Who. I want to be entertained, not given a sermon on politics. Leave politics to the politicians, concentrate on making Doctor Who not shite, because tbh, the spider episode and 1st episode have been the only 2 that weren't utter shit so far.

I realised last week that Doctor Who is now just a version of Scooby Doo. Now that I’ve come to that conclusion, it all makes perfect sense.

Where Walsh drove past Bramall Lane in his WHU scarf in the first episode was rubbing salt into wounds too excess imho.

Next episode count how many references there are to anything political. I think you'll be surprised. I've recently rewatched S1-8 of Doctor Who and it only started popping up from around S6 onwards (the reptile lesbian was probably the first obvious one, not that I've got owt against reptiles or lesbians). Now every episode has a gay couple or gay joke or left wing political statement wrapped up in the dialogue. The first scene of the episode was a woman who was married to the man's niece. Then, Yaz's Mum to Yaz: "Are you 2 seeing eachother?", Doctor: "Er, no, are we? I don't know, maybe". What purpose did either scene serve other than to say "HEY LOOK EVERYONE, LESBIANS ARE COOL!"

It's good to see gay relationships being normalised imo as there's nothing worse than a biggot idiot, but haway man, it's Doctor Who. I want to be entertained, not given a sermon on politics. Leave politics to the politicians, concentrate on making Doctor Who not shite, because tbh, the spider episode and 1st episode have been the only 2 that weren't utter shit so far.
Looking forward to some Yaz on Doc action while Dyspraxia tries to wank in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back