Doctor Who

Sure you'll be delighted that this week they're in 1950s Montgomery Alabama ruining the good old days with their PC agenda

I haven’t watched it yet but judging by the comments on various forums the BBC are doing their usual task of telling us how we should think.

Incidentally, one comment made me think about whether this is a subject that should be used as a basis for a storyline. The writer complained that it devalued Rosa Parks actions as it implied that they were the result of interference by time travellers. I can’t comment as I haven’t watched the show yet, but it will be something that I will keep in mind as I watch it.

Hope this helps.

Out of all the science fiction shows, i have watched on television over the years, Quantum Leap is the one i remember the most, i guess the way they ended it burned it into my brain.

Quantum leap was incredible and I believed wholeheartedly in Sams characters no matter who they were, male or female.

I haven’t watched it yet but judging by the comments on various forums the BBC are doing their usual task of telling us how we should think.

Incidentally, one comment made me think about whether this is a subject that should be used as a basis for a storyline. The writer complained that it devalued Rosa Parks actions as it implied that they were the result of interference by time travellers. I can’t comment as I haven’t watched the show yet, but it will be something that I will keep in mind as I watch it.

Hope this helps.

Quantum leap was incredible and I believed wholeheartedly in Sams characters no matter who they were, male or female.

Apart from it being exactly how Quantum Leap would have done it (and did almost identical episodes), yes, terrible BBC boo BBC

The person who made that comment is a moron, saying more would be a spoiler which I won't do. Not even to you

Apart from it being exactly how Quantum Leap would have done it (and did almost identical episodes), yes, terrible BBC boo BBC

The person who made that comment is a moron, saying more would be a spoiler which I won't do. Not even to you

Not with a major character, they wouldn’t. As I have already said, I haven’t seen it yet and probably won’t until later in the week.

Hope this helps.

Just putting right what once went wrong, of course everyone has a favourite episode or episodes, truly timeless.

To minor characters, not world level players.

it made good television and still does for its fans today, and the truth is everyone has that one moment in life they wish they could change, the show just allowed viewers the chance to watch Sam, make those changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't watched it since Davison , was in the mile castle one night , Dr who fans on the next table , one said , if there is ever a black Dr who , that's Me out !!
When Capaldi was on his was out, there was a suggestion that Patterson Joseph could be the next Doctor. I think he would be excellent and has a wide range of talent from comedy to being the bad guy. Id quite like to see him get the part in the future and not because of his skin colour or a political agenda

I was never a fan until the reboot and thought Eccleston and Tennant were both great. I stopped watching after episode 2 with Smith in it and nothing I saw of Capaldi tempted me back. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the first three episodes with Whittaker, it’s back to how I like my Dr Who. Last night’s episode was absolutely first class I thought.

I was never a fan until the reboot and thought Eccleston and Tennant were both great. I stopped watching after episode 2 with Smith in it and nothing I saw of Capaldi tempted me back. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the first three episodes with Whittaker, it’s back to how I like my Dr Who. Last night’s episode was absolutely first class I thought.

Episode by episode so far with no series long plot building up and no mysterious love/hate interests for the Doctor thus far. Hopefully, we won't get some sort of Ryan/Yasmin romance side issue.

TBH, the final Capaldi series was a move in this direction with Bill as the main companion. It was just that the episode plots weren't always great and Nardole was a tad annoying.

When Capaldi was on his was out, there was a suggestion that Patterson Joseph could be the next Doctor. I think he would be excellent and has a wide range of talent from comedy to being the bad guy. Id quite like to see him get the part in the future and not because of his skin colour or a political agenda

Shazad Latif (Ash Tyler in Star Trek Discovery, and also Clem Fandango) would be my choice, but I can see how it would cause problems with most of human history.

Episode by episode so far with no series long plot building up and no mysterious love/hate interests for the Doctor thus far. Hopefully, we won't get some sort of Ryan/Yasmin romance side issue.

TBH, the final Capaldi series was a move in this direction with Bill as the main companion. It was just that the episode plots weren't always great and Nardole was a tad annoying.
What was it the Remnants said to her in the second episode about a child when she told them to get out of her head?

Back