Doctor Who

There's something off about Jodie playing the Doctor. I can't tell if it's the accent, the clothes, her facial expressions or her acting but imo she lacks the authority or screen presence to actually play the character convincingly. Episode 1 wasn't bad, she's quirky enough, but in episode 2 she just seemed to fade into the background. She's more like an assistant than The Doctor.

It might all change now she has the Tardis back but it's not looking good. That was probably the worst episode I've ever watched.

Also, the new tardis looks terrible.
Hmmm

That was possibly the worst episode of Doctor Who I've ever watched.
Getting worse?

Could easily have been very cringey but I thought they did it well. Final scene was very moving.

Still find the lad's voice irritating though. Did we find out if his character is supposed to talk like that or if the actor is just a Pam Doove fan?

Was Rosa Parkes that influential in the UK?

I mean, it wasn’t as if she ended the practice of white only seats on the Dipton to Consett Venture bus or the Northern service to Stanley.

Thought it was great. Better than last week if I’m honest which hammered its point home. Bit of that this week - the Trump stuff. But never, ever kill the spider. Her lungs are struggling to cope and she’s terrified. Morality delivered via story with four good guys who are sometimes weak, sometimes uncertain, always driven by compassion, and I love them already. Great writing. Great acting.

It's just too simple and unengaging (not sure if real word). Walsh still the standout performer. Whittaker slowly morphing into Paul Whitehouse's 'Brilliant!' Character.

Tonight’s episode really took me back to my childhood, watching the 4th Doctor (Tom Baker) and holding a cushion in front of me, scared shitless watching the episode of Stones Of Blood. That’s how it should be.

Back