Doctor Who

Discussion in 'SMB' started by jacko100, Oct 4, 2018.

1. jacko100

jacko100 Winger

Everyone excited for Sunday then? (BTW wtf is it doing being on on a Sunday)

Interested to see how Whittaker approaches it, still can't believe Bradley Walsh is in it though ffs

for bairns etc etc I know

2. I'll watch it at some point. Whether it's on Sunday or a binge in a few months who knows.

3. Slow joe

Slow joe Central Defender

For bairns etc etc

4. I'll give it a watch certainly, hopefully the new lass and Walsh are good.

5. Unbalanced Views

Unbalanced Views Central Defender

Looking forward to it, hopefully she can carry it off

6. Winters

Winters Midfield

Still haven’t watched last years xmas special.

7. The Exile

The Exile Striker

As long as stories are better than the last days of Moffatt, it'll be fine. Having said that, the little I've seen of Whittaker so far is worryingly reminiscent of late Tennant. Hopefully it's just the bits they've picked for the trailers. I really think Walsh will be excellent mind. Nice to see a TARDIS Team again.

yyy, Pants and coach13 like this.
  8. coach13

coach13 Full Back

Looking forward to the new Doctor and team. Kind of lost the way a bit the last few series, Sunday seems a bit better of a slot time nothing else on at that time.

9. Capaldi was wasted.

10. njmackem

njmackem Midfield

I was looking forward to watching it on Sunday lunchtime, but now I am at NYCC Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I will miss it. Have to wait until I get home to watch it. Means dodging social media so I get no spoilers

11. Walsh would have made a good doctor actually. It’ll be shite like every other episode ever made.

12. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

Well, the trailers for it so far have been a bit am dram with jazz hands, bright eyes and shiny teeth. Hopefully it will get better. Serious question, does Jodie really only have one expression, or are they just choosing to show one expression in the trailers?

13. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

Wouldn’t say excited.... more like curious.

I’m hoping Walsh ends up being left on a dead world after the first episode and forgotten about.

alzeebub and Stevie Freestein II like this.
  14. Spam Javelin

Spam Javelin Winger

Never had any appeal to me that programme.
    Don’t know why but have just never made any effort to watch it

Stevie Freestein II likes this.
  15. Iirc you were sceptical about the idea of a woman Doctor in the first place:

"Why would girls want to watch another girl playing the Doctor? Unless they are gay, I suppose."

"Sorry but if the new doctor is female then I won't be watching again. PC gone mad."

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  16. coach13

coach13 Full Back

Yegh, totally agree.

17. ilovehorswill

ilovehorswill Winger

Why have boys watched fellas play The Doctor since 1963?

I'm happy they've made a major change, every episode with Peter Capaldi was ruined by Moffat's childish shite.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    tonyfromalnwick, Dredd and coach13 like this.
  18. Rotten Johnny

Rotten Johnny Goalkeeper

I would watch if Bradley Walsh got exterminated.

19. The Lonious Monk

The Lonious Monk Midfield

I love Doctor Who but I couldn't get into the Capaldi episodes. I am looking forward to this new series.

20. The Exile

The Exile Striker

First season he was superb. Edgy, prickly, sarcastic.

Then he's playing Pretty Woman on guitar and midlife crisising his way across the universe.