Doctor Who

When did the sonic screw driver become a fking wand?

Jules Verne school of writing ... can't be arsed thinking of a way out of this situation ... I'll just make some stupid fking thing up. Reference the end of 'Journey to the centre of the Earth' as an example.

Bring back Tom Baker!

She's supposed to be The Destroyer of Worlds. She's just too nice for that title.

Bring back Ecclestone. I like a Doctor that has spit coming out of his mouth when he goes on a rant.

Last edited:
At least the finale had some proper action and a threat. The last three or four have let Jodie arrive as the Doctor, but she needs to face regular villains in the next series who pose a danger and aren't just a merry adventure.

I do think that it was a little underwhelming for a finale mind, but I'd rather that than trying to pull off more than you can chew which happened a few times in previous years.

I've very much enjoyed the new season, and I think Jodie Whittaker is a cracking doctor. The writing seems a lot better than it was under Smith and Capaldi, too, although I agree that it would be nice to have a longer story like a 2- or 3-parter; the whole season this year was single story episodes. Looking forward to seeing some Daleks or Cybermen in 2019.

I initially found the script writing a refreshing change in the new series and everything was okay up to the spider episode.

However, the sonic screw driver being whipped out like she was a nympho with a dildo started to be irritating.

The episode with the little p'dang was truly awful, with not enough being make of the little beast.

The Amazon rip-off episode was a missed trick. That cellar should have been filled with Cybermen about to be posted round the galaxy.

The series needed to ramp up after a promising start and it just never got past the feeling of an over inflated back packing trip until the last episode. I'm thinking the robots could have been Sontarens.

Verdict: Better than Capaldi or Smith, but still a lot of room for improvement.

As regards the New Year's Day episode, I think you can just about make out a Dalek in the background in one of the explosions near the end of the trailer.

I do hope they shoot that sonic screw driver.

It seems everyone hates the sonic screwdriver, and it is not just Jodie making a lot of use of it, the last 3 did too. I started counting how many times it was used in the last episode and got to 5 before she got on board the ship in the opening few minutes, then I couldn't be arsed.

Just finished the series.

Worst by a country mile from the reboot. Only decent episode and I use that loosely was Tim Shaw the return of the tooth fairy.

How can they not get a decent writer in. Whitaker hasn’t even had a chance. Sonic just does everything now apparently.

Does anyone know where you can watch the classic episodes online? The only source I can find is BritBox for people in the USA
All on piratebay.

Like 126GB file. Took me a day or 2 on 20mb download speed.

Last edited:

Back