Break up of a relationship/marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I signed up when we went to Wembley for the Checkatrade, and a fella from here got my spare ticket. I haven't been contributing, but look in on the boards a lot. Anyway, this thread is hitting home with me currently. My lass has recently finished with me, and I'm trying to make sense of it all. I'm 33 but have a pretty serious degenerative condition, as of 30 years old. I met my now ex a year ago, and she said she'd support me through it all. She did, to be fair. I have a 13 year old daughter, and I didn't live with my recent lass, although would have liked to. I took my daughter to Rome in November and my (ex) girlfriend broke it off with me. Said we should have all been going, not just me and my daughter. I'd offered to pay everything but the flight for her, but she said she couldn't. She didn't want to talk about it, at the time. I took her to Germany, Switzerland, France, Scotland (NC500), Edinburgh, the lakes and other places in that year, always without my daughter, and sometimes with her daughter and not mine. Mainly as it was during the week and my daughter not living with me. Just wanted to put my situation out there, and tell those on here that they're not alone in feeling like shit. Hard to pick yourself up, when health is a constant kick in the balls to your confidence. Good luck to anyone going through similar, because it's a hard time.

That’s shit mate...sounds like jealousy on her part...hate to say it but maybe you will be better off without her

Chin up Rocky lad. Gets better.. and you'll look back and laugh about it at some point in the not too distant future.
Been through 3 bad uns in my time and experience doesn't make them any easier!!! You just have to go through it and keep yourself sane by seeing mates, family and rediscovering your hobbies / interests that may have fell by the wayside while you were part of a couple.

Good luck fella

Last edited:
Some blokes will actually put up with it, either because they feel they're stuck with them or just to get their nob wet. Barmy.
That’s not true, not by a long shot mate. Until you’re in that situation you have no idea what it’s like. It’s like brainwashed

Just gotta love the continual subtle lies & manipulation that comes with it all.
Only recently my son was hospitalised for a couple of days.
I was informed of this after he’d been discharged.
Of course the version of events that were broadcast everywhere else was that I was aware of this situation immediately when he was admitted & hadn’t ever bothered to show any concern whatsoever for his welfare.
The only thing you can do is laugh about it all - as hard as it f***ing gets.

Just gotta love the continual subtle lies & manipulation that comes with it all.
Only recently my son was hospitalised for a couple of days.
I was informed of this after he’d been discharged.
Of course the version of events that were broadcast everywhere else was that I was aware of this situation immediately when he was admitted & hadn’t ever bothered to show any concern whatsoever for his welfare.
The only thing you can do is laugh about it all - as hard as it f***ing gets.
One thing I’ve noticed since splitting up from the ex wife and talking to quite a few women online is that the vast majority of women after a split use the kids as an emotional crutch and come up with crap like that. It’s awful, I don’t know why women have to do that. You’re right though, you’ve just got to laugh about it

One thing I’ve noticed since splitting up from the ex wife and talking to quite a few women online is that the vast majority of women after a split use the kids as an emotional crutch and come up with crap like that. It’s awful, I don’t know why women have to do that. You’re right though, you’ve just got to laugh about it
Because 99.9% are unhinged. There’ll be a few pipe up in here soon saying I’m talking shit and don’t know what I’m on about, that they’re no bother, that they’re just one of the lads etc.

THAT’S WHAT WE’RE ON ABOUT!

Self awareness level set to zero.

Last edited:
Because 99.9% are unhinged. There’ll be a few pipe up in here soon saying I’m talking shit and don’t know what I’m on about, that they’re no bother, that they’re just one of the lads etc.

THAT’S WHAT WE’RE ON ABOUT!

Self awareness level set to zero.
You talk sense brother, that post should be given to every lad at school to recite and meme prose before they’re set free into the world of women and bucking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back