Biscuits Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't drink tea but I do dip a nice Italian biscotti in my coffee. A big no-no in Italy where they dip it into wine. Dirty bastards.

Saw the thread title, am somewhat releaved, though slightly disappointed, at the conversation.

Just watched something on the telly about biscuits. According to the program around half of folks in the UK dunk their biscuits in their tea. Which basically mean half the folks I know at your end are 'dunkers'. :lol: Proper tickled me that has.

In a Whatsapp group with just three people, two from the NE, one said he does it (sometimes even double-dunking) while the other said it was scratter behaviour. :lol:

I learn something new every day. Must give it a go sometime and see what the fuss is about. Which kind is best for dunking ? I don't much fancy my cuppa filling up with crumbs.

You see these ancient Japanese sushi masters spending decades learning and honing their craft.

They have fuck all on British pensioners dunking hobnobs in hot tea. Getting the tea at the right temperature and viscosity, ensuring the correct proportion of hobnob is lowered into the brew. Absorbing exactly the correct amount of fluid, whilst not destroying the integrity of the biscuit.

And then there’s the ninja like movement of mug to gob.

It’s an art form.

Dark chocolate digestives, class dunked to the point of near collapse then quickly shoved in gob before they ruin your cuppa.

Ginger nuts are best for dunking. Your ginger nut is a hard biscuit. Timing is critical. A test of the dunker.

Believe it or not there are even people out here who don’t drink tea.

I’m one of them. Disgusting stuff, the ruin of the British Empire. What a pathetic population who absolutely can’t function through the day without a compulsion to drink gallons of the stuff.

Ditto for coffee.
What do you drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back