Biscuits Behaviour

Just watched something on the telly about biscuits. According to the program around half of folks in the UK dunk their biscuits in their tea. Which basically mean half the folks I know at your end are 'dunkers'. :lol: Proper tickled me that has.

In a Whatsapp group with just three people, two from the NE, one said he does it (sometimes even double-dunking) while the other said it was scratter behaviour. :lol:

I learn something new every day. Must give it a go sometime and see what the fuss is about. Which kind is best for dunking ? I don't much fancy my cuppa filling up with crumbs.

Dunking in coffee is loads better than in tea IMO.

Best biscuits for it are:

Bourbon Creams
Chocolate Digestives (dark or milk chocolate are both great)
Chocolate Hob Nobs
Plain Digestives
Anything in the McVitie's Victoria Collection boxes
Penguins
Cadbury's Animals
Cadbury's Snack
Anything made from shortbread, particularly if there's also chocolate on it.
Custard Creams

But I also dunk chocolate bars:

Galaxy (plain old normal version, no nuts, caramel or any of that shite)
Galaxy Ripple (same)
Aero (again, normal version, not mint or orange or any of that bollocks)
Twirl
Flake (careful now!)

Galaxy is the king, like.

These are the f***ing shizzle
Logon or register to see this image

Stroopwafel, if you leave them over your brew for a few secs before eating, the gooey syrup centre melts :p
First time I ordered a coffee in The Netherlands, it came with one on top. My life/teeth haven't been the same since. :lol:

Ya right mind.

Last edited:
No it just means you are a failure in life for not knowing the dunkablity scale of the biscuits

Can live with that.

Best biscuits for it are:

Bourbon Creams
Chocolate Digestives (dark or milk chocolate are both great)
Chocolate Hob Nobs
Plain Digestives
Anything in the McVitie's Victoria Collection boxes
Penguins
Cadbury's Animals
Cadbury's Snack
Anything made from shortbread, particularly if there's also chocolate on it.
Custard Creams

But I also dunk chocolate bars:

Galaxy (plain old normal version, no nuts, caramel or any of that shite)
Galaxy Ripple (same)
Aero (again, normal version, not mint or orange or any of that bollocks)
Twirl
Flake (careful now!)

Galaxy is the king, like.

Would you dunk a Cadbury's chocolate finger ? I ate an entire box of them when I was over last and rather enjoyed them.

Whatever you do, don't use Maria keks (Scandinavian version of rich tea) By far the worst ever dunker made.

Couple Marie kiks with a liberal spread of chilled butter sandwiched between, yum. Though maybe not for putting into a cuppa.

Last edited:
Would you dunk a Cadbury's chocolate finger ? I ate an entire box of them when I was over last and rather enjoyed them.

Absolutely! There's an equivalent of those in the Victoria selection and they're basically a different shaped equivalent of the Cadbury's Animals or Cadbury's Snack, although out of the four, Snack are my favourite. I think they have a little shortbread in with the biscuit, giving it a slightly different (and nicer) taste IMO.

Back