Biscuits Behaviour

Just watched something on the telly about biscuits. According to the program around half of folks in the UK dunk their biscuits in their tea. Which basically mean half the folks I know at your end are 'dunkers'. :lol: Proper tickled me that has.

In a Whatsapp group with just three people, two from the NE, one said he does it (sometimes even double-dunking) while the other said it was scratter behaviour. :lol:

I learn something new every day. Must give it a go sometime and see what the fuss is about. Which kind is best for dunking ? I don't much fancy my cuppa filling up with crumbs.

You’ve never dunked a biscuit/chocolate bar in your tea or coffee before? I very rarely have a cuppa without doing it to be honest. I have on occasion managed to finish an entire packet of chocolate digestives in one sitting with a nice cup of scad.

I don't drink tea except for an occasional cinnamon or berber tea.

I don't eat biscuits unless I am having a really fucked day at work and then I raid the tin.

I am probably the lone non-dunker on here. What's the point of having a crisp biscuit - only to dunk it in your tea? Gingers - I get that. But not any others and certainly not any with chocolate. :mad: Weirdos. :)

You're not alone - I agree - I like my biscuits crunchy. Dunkers probably don't have their own teeth......

I’m assuming you don’t live in Sunderland? If you do and have never heard someone call tea scad i’ll be amazed.
I've never lived in Sunderland. I grew up in Shildon. My mam's side of the family are from Easington and Seaham/Dawdon and I've never heard any of them say it, either. Guess it's just Sunderland itself?

They don't say topper or marra, either. Both are also words I learned for the first time on here and have never heard actually spoken in real life. :lol:

2 Malted milk back to back as someone mentioned before is the ultimate.

Biting the ends off a twix and using it as a straw melts the middle, awesome stuff, makes it all warm and gooey.

I like dipping beefy crisps in bovril anarl, that’s a throwback from the 70’s when I used to get them as a treat from the little booth in Newcastle road baths. You had to have something hot to ward off hypothermia from the bloody changing rooms, I’m sure they were well below freezing in the middle of summer....

Back