Australia in Lockdown . ......news

Spread over the two years it's not actually that many.

sure but that's because we kept it at bay for so long. total deaths now at 3500 but obviously if it keeps increasing at 100 per day that's going to start to add up. case numbers are falling in NSW and Vic but who knows what the future holds. this time last year i thought we were just about out of it and it got way, way worse.

yeah, we'll let any riff raff in these days* :lol:

*open goal
Ha. Brother said they're very strict with the visa application mind. Pleased it's sorted as his wife has moved down to Melbourne to work and he's in Sydney for a few more months before transferring to Melbourne, hence my Mam is going over to babysit. Will be the first time my mam has met the bairn so a nice moment for her when she arrives. Brother mentioned something about a one year working visa because it's a relative..... God knows it all sounded complicated.

sure but that's because we kept it at bay for so long. total deaths now at 3500 but obviously if it keeps increasing at 100 per day that's going to start to add up. case numbers are falling in NSW and Vic but who knows what the future holds. this time last year i thought we were just about out of it and it got way, way worse.
The elderley and health compromised might well have died of other viruses over those two years, suspended lives are a part of lockdown I'm afraid.

Ha. Brother said they're very strict with the visa application mind. Pleased it's sorted as his wife has moved down to Melbourne to work and he's in Sydney for a few more months before transferring to Melbourne, hence my Mam is going over to babysit. Will be the first time my mam has met the bairn so a nice moment for her when she arrives. Brother mentioned something about a one year working visa because it's a relative..... God knows it all sounded complicated.
They’ve got loads of different visas out there. Should be ace for your Mam getting to spend time with the little un.

We’re still waiting to hear what WA are doing.

yeah, you can get a one year visa fairly easily for a direct family member. i've been looking into it for one of my family. anything other than that is very difficult.

They’ve got loads of different visas out there. Should be ace for your Mam getting to spend time with the little un.

We’re still waiting to hear what WA are doing.

Hopefully you get sorted soon.

Works well for brother as Mam babysits bairn whilst parents work, and works well for Mam as she gets to finally meet her grandson. Flying from Manchester return.

Hopefully get out again soon, been too long since I visited
yeah, you can get a one year visa fairly easily for a direct family member. i've been looking into it for one of my family. anything other than that is very difficult.

Hopefully things settle down and we can get out to visit in the near future. Loved Melbourne and Sydney when we last visited

Last edited:

Back