Australia in Lockdown . ......news

Ah, the DoG... a very decent boozer. well over 15 years since i was in there.
It's probably the same for me mate. I lived within walking distance for the first 5 or 6 years here and they sponsored our football team. Used to be the focal point of our lives back in the day. Lingerie girls on a Wednesday night Friday night after work. FACup night was a cracker.
Sunday was 5 free schooners for the MOM. I once tried to get a young apprentice from work who was in the Marconi youth setup to come and play for us in his off season by dangling the 5 free schooner carrot but he told me no he wanted to rest his body in the off season. I'd have played morning noon and night at his age ffs. Anyway he was probably right, he knocked us back and went on to play A League, Champions League and went to the world cup with the socceroos. :lol:

It's probably the same for me mate. I lived within walking distance for the first 5 or 6 years here and they sponsored our football team. Used to be the focal point of our lives back in the day. Lingerie girls on a Wednesday night Friday night after work. FACup night was a cracker.
Sunday was 5 free schooners for the MOM. I once tried to get a young apprentice from work who was in the Marconi youth setup to come and play for us in his off season by dangling the 5 free schooner carrot but he told me no he wanted to rest his body in the off season. I'd have played morning noon and night at his age ffs. Anyway he was probably right, he knocked us back and went on to play A League, Champions League and went to the world cup with the socceroos. :lol:
you going to the wallabies v england at ANZ?

staying at the new holiday inn at bondi junction with the bairn.

what's the good pubs around there please?

There you go @peachy
Looks like all main restrictions are dropped

@chunkyshitehawk53 just let me know when you’ve booked your flight. I’ll pick you up from the airport. January next year would be good as my pool will be nice and warm ;)

I remember early doors a virologst getting pelters because she was against lockdowns because she said other viruses were being marginalized, and would come back stonger. Will Oz lockdown for flu?

Last edited:
It's such a mess - I remember hearing that cold and flu were virtually wiped out by the COVID measures, and thinking it was a silver lining on the black covid cloud, only to hear it later updated that because they weren't eradicated completely they will just come back unshackled and stronger for a couple of years.

That's tough mate...makes you wonder if the flu will effect hard lockdown countries worse.
Maybe. It's been a particularly nasty strain in Oz this winter. It would be interesting to know whether it would have been so bad anyway due to this particular strain, whether it's due to flu being crowded out by covid and things being so 'clean' over the past couple of years, or a combination of both. It'll certainly be interesting to see what flu season is like in the UK this year

Maybe. It's been a particularly nasty strain in Oz this winter. It would be interesting to know whether it would have been so bad anyway due to this particular strain, whether it's due to flu being crowded out by covid and things being so 'clean' over the past couple of years, or a combination of both. It'll certainly be interesting to see what flu season is like in the UK this year
I never get the flu. Never had Covid. Went to Sydney a month ago and came back with a chest infection which was probably the flu. Doctor prescribed antibiotics which seemed to do the trick. Had to take a week off work sick which I’ve never done before. I’m still coughing now but it doesn’t hurt any more.

102 deaths in Oz yesterday, the highest number during the whole pandemic iirc, which also puts among the highest deaths per capita in the world at the moment.

102 deaths in Oz yesterday, the highest number during the whole pandemic iirc, which also puts among the highest deaths per capita in the world at the moment.
No flu deaths in the elderley for two years, so many now older and weaker and probably with less immunity. I thought the initial lockdowns were warrented as we had little knowledge, but the latter ones more so a postponement of the inevitable. Not good news for me as I'm ancient.

Back