Australia in Lockdown . ......news

Depends how many deaths and long term illnesses they have. Also how swamped their hospitals get. They have rolled out a high level of vaccinations so introducing what appears to be a weaker strain now could work out well for them in the bigger picture.

They’ve treated their citizens appalling at times refusing to let them home.

I imagine the voters will remember that most of all.

Are you imagining that? They’ve had a fairly open life the past 2 years, a couple of short lockdowns, nothing like we’ve had. I’d imagine (;)) there’s far worse mental health issues here.

Not at all. Just drawing on my own experience of two deaths in my family where family members have been unable to travel for funerals for fear of not being able to go back home.

In two years they had time to sort all that out, but didn’t, from what I can see.

Not at all. Just drawing on my own experience of two deaths in my family where family members have been unable to travel for funerals for fear of not being able to go back home.

In two years they had time to sort all that out, but didn’t, from what I can see.
Sorry to hear that and been through similar with the bairn not being able to come back for her grandad’s funeral. She was gutted but again accepted it as did he knowing he wouldn’t likely see her again before he died.

There’s people in the U.K. couldn’t go to their family funerals in the same country. It’s been a pretty shit couple of years everywhere.

most deaths ever in one day in NSW today (18) and 16 yesterday. no RATs available, PCR testing centres closed due to demand...

also today the NSW Health Chief saying they're going to stop counting older people who die (from covid) with co-morbidities which will bring reported death numbers down.

it's a shit show here now. everyone we know as either 1 positive case in their house or is a close contact (including us). we tested negative yesterday but that doesn't mean we're not positive today. we've ordered more RATs but won't have them for at least another week or so.

"Let it rip" (or should be RIP)

29 dead in NSW and 18 dead in Victoria
Hospitals filling up
Can't get hold of a RAT/LFT at all
PCR testing generally unavailable
staff shortages in just about every sector, meaning shortages of goods and services (empty shelves)
people in voluntary lockdowns hoping that this will blow over "quickly"

Welcome to May 2020 :(

Still at least your government can take some time out to enjoy the lovely weather.

most deaths ever in one day in NSW today (18) and 16 yesterday. no RATs available, PCR testing centres closed due to demand...

also today the NSW Health Chief saying they're going to stop counting older people who die (from covid) with co-morbidities which will bring reported death numbers down.

it's a shit show here now. everyone we know as either 1 positive case in their house or is a close contact (including us). we tested negative yesterday but that doesn't mean we're not positive today. we've ordered more RATs but won't have them for at least another week or so.
It seems Omicron can crawl under doors :(

Back