Australia in Lockdown . ......news

I have a horrible feeling ticket prices are going to skyrocket when it becomes easier to travel. So much pent up demand.

Think my Mam paid about £1000 with Qatar Airways from Manchester. She could have got cheaper doing a 2 stopper but she just wanted a 1 stopper. When we eventually go out we'll be doing a 2 stopper which might be a little cheaper but we preferred a 2 stopper which is what we did when we flew out last time, then a 1 stopped coming back and we hated the 1 stopper.

So far prices seem reasonable enough but be interesting to see what happens once tourist visas begin to get issued.

I’ve been checking Oz/UK return fares for the middle of this year and so far they’re very reasonable.
Same were trying to pluck up the courage to book for June/July but we want to go and see her family in Cyprus as well so we're just waiting to see how we're all looking come March.

sure but that's because we kept it at bay for so long. total deaths now at 3500 but obviously if it keeps increasing at 100 per day that's going to start to add up. case numbers are falling in NSW and Vic but who knows what the future holds. this time last year i thought we were just about out of it and it got way, way worse.
It was always going to hit eventually especially as the vaccine doesn’t reduce transmission. Same will happen to New Zealand.

That’s Australia.

Unfortunately, WA continue their measures for now. :(

i can't see that being sustainable once the rest of the country is open and (fingers crossed) the numbers keep trending down. i'm banking on you buying me a few beers on scarborough beach in a few months 🥃

i can't see that being sustainable once the rest of the country is open and (fingers crossed) the numbers keep trending down. i'm banking on you buying me a few beers on scarborough beach in a few months 🥃
Once people start going back to Bali there'll be a riot in WA if they can't. We booked at the weekend to go back to UK and Cyprus in July. ☀️ (that emoji is for Cyprus obviously)

Getting on well in WA @peachy
Still wearing masks indoors, but everything is getting back to relative normality.
The Covid figures for WA aren’t as high as some predicted.
I was working on a covid team for three months until last week. Then when the border opened decisions were made to send a lot of secondees back to stations, myself included. The good news is that I’m now back to doing a 14km round trip to work opposed to the 73km one plus $10 parking….although I can claim that back through tax 🤑
The even better news is that our son is coming home on leave in a couple of weeks from NSW. I haven’t seen him for a year and a half so it’s going to be emotional!!
Other than that, no news from the Krankie front. Like everywhere else the road to recovery will be long and hard, but compared to what’s happening in Ukraine right now we have no reason to complain.
Hopefully some of the SMBers may be visiting their relatives over here and there is always the possibility of meeting up for a beer or two to put faces to usernames.

Back