Australia in Lockdown . ......news

74 died today in Australia as a whole. by far the highest number of the pandemic. 36 died in NSW and 33 of those were vaccinated (not boosted). Case numbers look like they have peaked in NSW as least hopefully.

most people are still cracking on as best they can and being sensible. of those who i know who have had it (someone from just about every family we know) all have had mild symptoms and only for 2 to 3 days.

74 died today in Australia as a whole. by far the highest number of the pandemic. 36 died in NSW and 33 of those were vaccinated (not boosted). Case numbers look like they have peaked in NSW as least hopefully.

most people are still cracking on as best they can and being sensible. of those who i know who have had it (someone from just about every family we know) all have had mild symptoms and only for 2 to 3 days.
Unfortunately now it's out in the public domain it will go rife through the weaker and older members of society.. jab or no jab

Omicron is much less destructive but some will succumb but nothing like first wave or delta. I think they will come out of this very well.
No doubt they are in a far better place than most other countries. As I say it will be the weak who will succumb but that will be a lot less tha. Happened across most the world due to the vaccine

WA announced they’re not reopening their borders on 5th Feb now.

Bloody hell... They do like a border closure .

It's amazing how Australia has gone from over 100 in the table of cases to top 30 in space of a fortnight

Fortunately they are still staying well down the list on deaths per million .

Having a large part of the population fully vaccinated has helped massively

It's amazing how Australia has gone from over 100 in the table of cases to top 30 in space of a fortnight

The bairn was dithering over getting a booster as she’s very needle phobic but has decided to go ahead as she thinks it’ll be required to get into places and use public transport at some stage.

Aren't they virtually cut off from the rest of Australia anyway, spent 10 days touring three years ago and nearest we got was Alice Springs.

Depends on the definition of Covid death whether this has any meaning.

there's been no change to how deaths are reported if that's what you're getting at, just a massive increase in cases.
another 50 deaths in NSW & Vic today (combined). not sure about other states.
we've gone from some of the harshest lockdown/restrictions (particularly in victoria) to 'fuck it you're on your own' in just a few weeks.

there's been no change to how deaths are reported if that's what you're getting at, just a massive increase in cases.
we've gone from some of the harshest lockdown/restrictions (particularly in victoria) to 'fuck it you're on your own' in just a few weeks.
The Southern hemisphere will also be the first to have flu again...let's hope it's a mild one.

It’s bloody frustrating I’ll give you that Epps. Our son lives in NSW and Mrs K was making noises about seeing him after February 5 but that’s on hold again. The annoying thing for a lot of us is that we were told to get vaxxed up and the border would open. So we all got vaxxed and McGowan changed the goalposts. I can see why some people are mightily pissed off tbh.

The Southern hemisphere will also be the first to have flu again...let's hope it's a mild one.

there wasn't really a flu season at all last year (0 deaths recorded in 2021 and only 39 in 2020 compared to 953 deaths in 2019), which was a particularly bad flu season iirc.
no idea about this year, 'if' we're out of covid i expect a tougher flu season. i'd had the flu vax prior to covid, so will see wait and see what happens this year.
It’s bloody frustrating I’ll give you that Epps. Our son lives in NSW and Mrs K was making noises about seeing him after February 5 but that’s on hold again. The annoying thing for a lot of us is that we were told to get vaxxed up and the border would open. So we all got vaxxed and McGowan changed the goalposts. I can see why some people are mightily pissed off tbh.

the BiL's getting married in Freo in September, we haven't bothered booking anything yet just in case the 'border hokey cokey' is still going on

Last edited:
No. My point is that as cases rise the number of people dying with a positive test will rise. If 10% of people have Covid and 10% of deaths are with Covid then there isn’t issue.

Back