Australia in Lockdown . ......news

This site keeps a daily record of Covid deaths by age, over 70's make up 91% of deaths, which rather confirms my above post. Personally, I don't wish to be put in a freezer for another two years to stop me dying, I'd rather have freedom for two weeks. Let the young live, because by these stats they are safe.

100% this current nasty strain of flu in Oz will end up here this Winter. The real danger is getting that combined with Covid. Positivity wise, the current Omicron BA5 is wiping out previous strains and there is even a suggestion from studies in South Africa, that its antibodies may work against some future strains. No idea how and why that is. The reinfection rate is the issue with its virulence, but I guess if it snot killing too many and its antibodies are working in mysterious ways that help in the future, then there a glimmer of light

Last edited:
my youngest daughter and I both just tested positive. my wife and oldest daughter were sick a few days ago (a cold). they both tested negative. then 2 days later i ended up sick and thought it was the same thing so didn't take a test. on a whim i took a test today (3 days later) and i'm positive and so is my youngest.
probably over the worst to be honest but now have to isolate for 7 days.

100% this current nasty strain of flu in Oz will end up here this Winter. The real danger is getting that combined with Covid. Positivity wise, the current Omicron BA5 is wiping out previous strains and there is even a suggestion from studies in South Africa, that its antibodies may work against some future strains. No idea how and why that is. The reinfection rate is the issue with its virulence, but I guess if it snot killing too many and its antibodies are working in mysterious ways that help in the future, then there a glimmer of light
So do symptoms include a clear nose?

Sorry!!! 🥴

This site keeps a daily record of Covid deaths by age, over 70's make up 91% of deaths, which rather confirms my above post. Personally, I don't wish to be put in a freezer for another two years to stop me dying, I'd rather have freedom for two weeks. Let the young live, because by these stats they are safe.

It doesn’t confirm your above post at all.

You are repeatedly wrong on this subject, especially so about deaths in elderly people, where you’ve been corrected multiple times and continue to post misinformation.

NSW just removed the mask mandate for public transport which was really the last rule to be rolled back. They're also now only reporting on numbers weekly instead of daily. The local paper stopped publishing those numbers weeks ago.

Back