Australia in Lockdown . ......news

How's life in Australia?

Do you still need to prove you don't have covid to leave or enter Australia ( though I guess the leave bit depends on airline and destination requirements)?

How's life in Australia?

Do you still need to prove you don't have covid to leave or enter Australia ( though I guess the leave bit depends on airline and destination requirements)?
Life in Australia is great @peachy thanks for asking. Fifteen years here and counting.
As to your question as far as I’m aware there are no restrictions to enter Australia and no need to prove you don’t have Covid. And you are probably right. It depends on which country you are going to/transitioning through when leaving.
You thinking of a visit?

Life in Australia is great @peachy thanks for asking. Fifteen years here and counting.
As to your question as far as I’m aware there are no restrictions to enter Australia and no need to prove you don’t have Covid. And you are probably right. It depends on which country you are going to/transitioning through when leaving.
You thinking of a visit?
Not currently, perhaps early 2023?

No I just fancied resurrecting this thread, to catch up, and see what was what. Different states and different rules perhaps. My daughter is flying to the UK next week, first time she has been since 2018 (covid putting off several trips for her, like many others).

No I just fancied resurrecting this thread, to catch up, and see what was what. Different states and different rules perhaps. My daughter is flying to the UK next week, first time she has been since 2018 (covid putting off several trips for her, like many others).
We (WA) were the last state to come out of the pandemic restrictions as each state had their own rules. We’ve just got back from Sydney last week after visiting our son over there. I’m fully jabbed up and never had Covid yet still managed to get a chest infection meaning I had to take time off work.
We’re looking at visiting the old country maybe middle of next year. Hopefully be able to do it when there is a match on.

Me too. Exactly the same scenario been 4 years. Qantas just announced we don't need masks to fly to the UK now but we still need to wear them onboard to fly back.
We (WA) were the last state to come out of the pandemic restrictions as each state had their own rules. We’ve just got back from Sydney last week after visiting our son over there. I’m fully jabbed up and never had Covid yet still managed to get a chest infection meaning I had to take time off work.
We’re looking at visiting the old country maybe middle of next year. Hopefully be able to do it when there is a match on.
I've just been down the south coast this weekend again. Did you enjoy your time, presumably in Gerringong?

Last edited:
Me too. Exactly the same scenario been 4 years. Qantas just announced we don't need masks to fly to the UK now but we still need to wear them onboard to fly back.

I've just been down the south coast this weekend again. Did you enjoy your time, presumably in Gerringong?
We didn’t go to Gerringong. He came up to Sydney and we all stayed in the InterContinental close to the harbour.
Our lad does visit the pizza place in Gerringong though! He’s applied to become a Clearance Diver do he can get a posting to Sydney. I think he’s had enough of fixing helicopters.

Our daughter is coming over for a surprise visit (her mam doesn’t know) in July.

We’re heading out there for the whole of December. The heat will kill me. 😣

still some minor restrictions in place but mostly around medical and public transport now

hell of a lot of influenza a around

which is flooring people for up to two weeks

some pubs being stingy and not returning to pre covid normals

like free bar food, happy hours etc (mostly the endeavour and coles ran pubs)

seam to be intent on selling shit loads of mid strength ice cold lagers for nearly seven dollars a schooner.

close to double the price of pubs in the north east

give me a john smiths anyday

still some minor restrictions in place but mostly around medical and public transport now

seam to be intent on selling shit loads of mid strength ice cold lagers for nearly seven dollars a schooner.

Where you at? 9 dollar minimum in Sydney I’ve found!

I never get ill but came back from Sydney week before last and a day later I’m in work with a really tight chest and hacking cough. Took the next day off which is very unlike me. Doctor signed me off for a week. I still have the cough but at least it doesn’t hurt now.
I was doing a RAT every day which were all negative as was the PCR test. So I reckon I picked up a good dose of the flu in Sydney. It probably didn’t help that Vivid was on at the same time so the crowds were horrendous.

$8.50 for a schooner of award winning Balter XPA at a local club on Saturday night, tremendous drop. when i first arrived 30 years ago it was $2.10 a schooner for Tooheys New

still lots of 'rona around, not being helped by a fairly bad flu season. our household hasn't had either yet and we were at a packed Easter Show, Vivid as well as getting on as normal generally. the only restrictions left here now is masks on public transport, most people commuting respect that but on weekends only about 20% wear masks.

$8.50 for a schooner of award winning Balter XPA at a local club on Saturday night, tremendous drop. when i first arrived 30 years ago it was $2.10 a schooner for Tooheys New

still lots of 'rona around, not being helped by a fairly bad flu season. our household hasn't had either yet and we were at a packed Easter Show, Vivid as well as getting on as normal generally. the only restrictions left here now is masks on public transport, most people commuting respect that but on weekends only about 20% wear masks.
Same, I used to be able to take $20 up to the Duke of Gloucester and have a good night on the VB if you stayed away from the pokies.

Back