Any Other School Staff Going On Strike?

How can anyone say they are not refusing to work, reading that letter?
They are saying precisely that they are exercising their right not to work,,,,parasites the lot of them!
Would love all other key workers to now do the same thing and see what unfolds...chaos!
We are all parasites now are we?

for your own mental health I’d log off the internet. You’re getting worked up into being a bit of a gobshite bellend tbh.

A colleague who I know from exam board meetings died because of contracting Covid in school just before Christmas.

The union are investigating the piss poor H&S and risk assessments put in place and the schools inability to protect staff.

That’s all I’m saying about that as impending legal action could come from this.

you need to calm down very quickly or the abuse you are dishing out is going to come back at you.

Other workplaces do not have to work where social distancing is impossible, where kids of reception age need nappies changing because their parents can’t be bothered to potty train them. Where kids need physically restrained otherwise they attack others, where they are spat on by kids, where they aren’t allowed to wear masks in a classroom because it disrupts the learning experience, where the ppe that is given to first aiders to use is shared and staff told they can’t have any more. Where it has been acknowledged that even the minimum tier 4 guideline of 1 m social distancing is not actually possible due to overcrowding.

And yes I am absolutely furious with attitudes like yours as my wife - a teacher -myself and my son have all had covid and had to isolate over Xmas. My wife despite having no previous ill health is now unable to walk up stairs without taking a rest and this is nearly 4 weeks after her case was confirmed. One of her colleagues has also just been taken to hospital and been put on a ventilator. From her ‘covid secure’ bubble of 64 pupils, there have been 15 confirmed cases of 4/5 year olds, and 5 of the staff.

Her headteacher has already said that they cannot safely reopen the reception unit even following the lax rules that were deemed appropriate for schools at the time they reopened.

Also, my wife spent the last lockdown working all day looking after children of key workers and educating them the best she could, and then came home and planned the online lessons, uploading videos till god knows what time, commenting on work and answering parents queries, basically doing more work than she has ever had to before.

She also sent the letter in saying that she will provide online learning and will attend for key workers.

So basically screw you and your toxic opinion. You have literally no idea what teachers have had to put up with since this pandemic started, often in the face of open hostility from people like you.
No mate screw you and your biased opinion.
I'm entitled to my opinion and as I say imagine if other key workers refused to attend work.
P.s I'm not scared of the abuse for daring to have an opinion of my own.
I have worked every day throughout this sorry situation also

for your own mental health I’d log off the internet. You’re getting worked up into being a bit of a gobshite bellend tbh.

A colleague who I know from exam board meetings died because of contracting Covid in school just before Christmas.

The union are investigating the piss poor H&S and risk assessments put in place and the schools inability to protect staff.

That’s all I’m saying about that as impending legal action could come from this.
The teachers refusing to work yes.
Imagine if drs etc refused to work!!
I'm not the one using foul language etc or getting worked up but it seems that you are so I would follow your own advice d log off.
All I have done is say what has exactly happened and what I personally think of those teachers refusing to attend work.
I dont expect any teacher to work in unsafe conditions far from it but I fail to understand what has drastically changed since xmas.

Last edited:
I'm entitled to my opinion and as I say imagine if other key workers refused to attend work.

Like junior doctors who went on strike over terms and conditions and working practises that were being deteriorated? Those parasites?

No you are just an arsehole who can’t see anything other than your point of view. My opinion is not in the least biased, I work as a key worker in the private sector and have also worked every day through this. The difference is that in my workplace I am not allowed to physically contact anybody without adequate PPE.

So again screw you, you toxic piece of shit.

I hope your family don’t catch the virus and if you do catch it isn’t as bad for you as it has been for us.

I'm not the one using foul language etc or getting worked up but it seems that you are so I would follow your own advice d log off.
All I have done is say what has exactly happened and what I personally think of those teachers refusing to attend work.
I dont expect any teacher to work in unsafe conditions far from it but I fail to understand what has drastically changed since xmas.

They have never had safe conditions you idiot. They have been told to work in workplaces with less stringent rules on PPE and social distancing than any other industry.

No you are just an arsehole who can’t see anything other than your point of view. My opinion is not in the least biased, I work as a key worker in the private sector and have also worked every day through this. The difference is that in my workplace I am not allowed to physically contact anybody without adequate PPE.

So again screw you, you toxic piece of shit.

I hope your family don’t catch the virus and if you do catch it isn’t as bad for you as it has been for us.
Ouch!!
I'm sorry your family have caught the virus and I wish you all a speedy recovery.
For your info me, my wife and my youngest have all had the virus from the 21st December so I know 1st hand of how horrible it is.
As for being toxic, I'm far from it but I cant stand for people refusing to work in key areas when there are already safe practices in place.

Last edited:
Ouch!!
I'm sorry your family have caught the virus and I wish you all a speedy recovery.
For your info me, my wife and my youngest have all had the virus from the 21st December so I know 1st hand if how horrible it is.
As for being toxic, I'm far from it but I cant stand for people refusing to work in key areas when there are already safe practices in place.

There are not safe practices in place, that is the whole point

They have never had safe conditions you idiot. They have been told to work in workplaces with less stringent rules on PPE and social distancing than any other industry.
Hoo man less of the name calling please.
We are going around in circles here, I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours.
They were planning on testing all secondary school pupils were they not?

So what’s your opinion of how safe it is now the government have locked down everything and closed schools. Were the teachers parasites then?

What has changed? I feel like you’re purposefully not reading the points. You could even look at the parasite letter if you want. There’s a new variant that spreads quicker and more.

It’s quite exhausting trying to discuss this with you.

Hoo man less of the name calling please.
We are going around in circles here, I'm entitled to my opinion as you are yours.
They were planning on testing all secondary school pupils were they not?

Your opinion is based on falsehood that the schools are covid secure environments. And you started the name calling with your ‘parasite’ shit

Ouch!!
For your info me, my wife and my youngest have all had the virus from the 21st December so I know 1st hand of how horrible it is.
Boris has just said the virus was out of control in the school settings. The teachers were correct in their action. Compare the figures to other industries.

Thats why they should have been closed in november along with unis. It was clear as day where a massive part of the problem was.

So what’s your opinion of how safe it is now the government have locked down everything and closed schools. Were the teachers parasites then?

What has changed? I feel like you’re purposefully not reading the points. You could even look at the parasite letter if you want. There’s a new variant that spreads quicker and more.

It’s quite exhausting trying to discuss this with you.
The government have been backed into a corner.
Did you see boris's address just before...he said Schools are safe.
Simple answer is dont discuss it with me then because you can't see my point of view and like others on here I'm not entitled to my opinion

The government have been backed into a corner.
Did you see boris's address just before...he said Schools are safe.
Simple answer is dont discuss it with me then because you can't see my point of view and like others on here I'm not entitled to my opinion

Was he fuck. He was told this information on 23rd December and has chosen to ignore it until now.

I’m done after this but I’m not going to let you speak untruths, throw wild accusations about my colleagues and fellow professionals being parasites and not get challenged on it. You’re clearly not in the mindset to listen and learn so there’s a certain irony to all of this I’m sure.

You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion but unfortunately it challenges something I feel passionately about.

Well we have been told since after the 1st lockdown that schools are safe, even bojo has stated this just now.
Si basically kids can ever go back to school as this virus is going nowhere fast?

They aren't telling the truth, that's the point. It's impossible to keep a distance in an environment which isn't two and three times the size as normal. Classes aren't big enough for the amount of people.

When they bang on about being safe all they are saying is that kids generally won't become unwell. What they haven't been saying is that they are spreading it older people at an alarming rate.

Well we have been told since after the 1st lockdown that schools are safe, even bojo has stated this just now.
Si basically kids can ever go back to school as this virus is going nowhere fast?

Of course you have been told that. If you notice though he is only saying that kids don’t catch it as badly. Which is true, however they do massively spread it in an environment where social distancing is not possible, and where ppe such as masks have been actively discouraged for staff.
Where clinically vulnerable staff have been told to go back to work or face disciplinary action.

If you notice, Boris did not stress that the teachers in the schools were not at risk - if that was the case then all the rules that apply to other workplaces wouldn’t be needed, because they are simply impossible in a school setting.

Back