Any Other School Staff Going On Strike?

No I’ll not .

ive been grafting with one hand tied behind my back like the rest of the construction industry struggling to get materials and stay on budget /programme and stop the company losing money in the process.

Everyone is suffering in the private sector ,whilst many in the public sector uses this shit as an excuse to take the piss or play political warfare.

its not 'us v them' you know. we work in the private sector. we generate cold hard cash for the economy. its not a public service. and as far as i can see, most people in the public sector are still working, and anyone on furlough is private sector.

i've been on sites all week every week since last april. other than the odd hand sanitiser and temp check in the bait cabins, the sites are absolutely no different and its pissing me off. do i blame teachers, doctors and coppers for that? no.

i believe that construction firms would be happy to furlough staff, but they wouldn't be happy to give up turning billions of pounds of profit for their shareholders. add to that, the last 10 years has seen a massive swing towards construction workers becoming 'self employed', so it really isn't in their interest to be furloughed. another f***ing fantastic move by the tory bastards. persuading lads that its better for them to be self employed, whilst ripping all employment rights and benefits away from them. classic

No I’ll not .

ive been grafting with one hand tied behind my back like the rest of the construction industry struggling to get materials and stay on budget /programme and stop the company losing money in the process.

Everyone is suffering in the private sector ,whilst many in the public sector uses this shit as an excuse to take the piss or play political warfare.

Teachers are effectively in the same position as you of having to work harder during this to deliver two types of teaching using completely different approaches.

You won’t listen to that because you have made your mind up but there are 100s of comments on these boards by actual people working in education explaining how planning and delivering face to face key worker learning then virtual lessons is an absolute fuck on

We shouldn’t let the fuckers wind us up so much that we turn on each other. Misplaced anger.
Objectives achieved. Deflect the blame on the schools to take the flak.

an island nation that won’t quarantine people who come here from other countries and encouraged the SE to continue to eat out and go out in bars despite huge rises in cases.

incompetence from start to finish.

We shouldn’t let the fuckers wind us up so much that we turn on each other. Misplaced anger.

I absolutely respect everybody else’s graft on here (well I’m pretty sure I would.) The last thing I would want to do is tell my fellow workers that what they’re doing isn’t valued and that they were parasites if they didn’t feel safe without good reason. It’s a shame the same doesn’t go for education staff and that people can’t see it our way.

We’ve been let down by our government, not by our teachers.

I absolutely respect everybody else’s graft on here (well I’m pretty sure I would.) The last thing I would want to do is tell my fellow workers that what they’re doing isn’t valued and that they were parasites if they didn’t feel safe without good reason. It’s a shame the same doesn’t go for education staff and that people can’t see it our way.

We’ve been let down by our government, not by our teachers.

i respect education staff, my kids school has been spot on despite it being pretty horrific with cases and self isolating in students and staff. Couldn’t have asked for more really.

I suspect most would much rather be in than working from home if conditions were safe. I know i would, i’m NHS (not frontline or clinical) and worked from home since March, and i hate it

No I’ll not .

Weren't you vehemently opposed to people being on furlough first time round? Quite outspoken about the people who were on it, I believe. Glad it'll be a different story now you'll be on it, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I’ll not .

It sounds a piece of piss. Full pay, not much work apparently, a chance to play political games and easier than the private sector.

There’s a link above for you.

And on one forum the school cleaner is a he, on the other its a she, so they're both on strike apparently and sending those letters if it's the same person or would prefer to say it was their partner doing so.... very easy to jump to the conclusion that the accounts are designed purely for subversive/topical persuasion activity.
The Cuban Communist bot hasn't been back since being outed!

Objectives achieved. Deflect the blame on the schools to take the flak.

an island nation that won’t quarantine people who come here from other countries and encouraged the SE to continue to eat out and go out in bars despite huge rises in cases.

incompetence from start to finish.
Plus the Christmas shambles. Bottling the sensible decision of telling people not to travel. Putting votes ahead of people's safety. The preventable deaths in February were the outcome.

And the corruption too. So many friends and next door neighbours of Tory ministers got extremely rich from the pandemic.

Still... the country voted them in. Speaks wonders about the morals of our population.

On a side note the school's I know are planning to br operating completely normal from September. Some have already scrapped staggered start/finishing times and masks have gone.

On a side note the school's I know are planning to br operating completely normal from September. Some have already scrapped staggered start/finishing times and masks have gone.
What about self isolation ? That needs scrapping unless you are the one with the lurgy

What about self isolation ? That needs scrapping unless you are the one with the lurgy
No idea. I work in a college and we've had 2 cases since the start of May. My wife is a teacher and her school hasn't had one case since they returned from the Easter holidays. I'm assuming the two schools my kids go to haven't either ad we've heard nothing. All of the planning been done is around operating as normal.

Back