Any Other School Staff Going On Strike?

No idea. I work in a college and we've had 2 cases since the start of May. My wife is a teacher and her school hasn't had one case since they returned from the Easter holidays. I'm assuming the two schools my kids go to haven't either ad we've heard nothing. All of the planning been done is around operating as normal.
My bairns school haven't had many cases, I know some year 3 kids have to isolate due to 1 positive test in the class though recently. I'm dreading him going to the comp in September as those buggers are often isolating and it'll be disruptive to his learning.

We had to lateral flow test our 6yo this morning. Not the most pleasant of experiences trying to coax him round. Ended up with us having to pin him down while he's in hysterics to take the swab . Hopefully by September when the kids go back we are in a position to stop pulling whole bubbles out on the back of one case

My bairns school haven't had many cases, I know some year 3 kids have to isolate due to 1 positive test in the class though recently. I'm dreading him going to the comp in September as those buggers are often isolating and it'll be disruptive to his learning.
My 14 year old has only had to isolate once since September. They only do close contacts and not even the full class. She was going mad because the kid who tested positive had been put on their table for that lesson because he was messing around. She was threatening to punch his head because she couldn't go out :lol:

As I work across different bubbles I’ve had to isolate twice since we returned in Easter. Frustrating as il vaccinated but understandable.

Hopefully all this nonsense will be over when we return in September but i’m not sure...

On a side note the school's I know are planning to br operating completely normal from September. Some have already scrapped staggered start/finishing times and masks have gone.

At the moment we're planning on keeping the staggered starts in place, and there will only be limited/no parents allowed in for assemblies and the like.

Other than that we'll be fairly normal again by the sounds of it.

Back