Any Other School Staff Going On Strike?

The government have been backed into a corner.
Did you see boris's address just before...he said Schools are safe.
Simple answer is dont discuss it with me then because you can't see my point of view and like others on here I'm not entitled to my opinion
Schools really are not safe. :lol: If Bojo told you the sky was green would you believe him? The bloke is a pathological liar, man.

They aren't telling the truth, that's the point. It's impossible to keep a distance in an environment which isn't two and three times the size as normal. Classes aren't big enough for the amount of people.

When they bang on about being safe all they are saying is that kids generally won't become unwell. What they haven't been saying is that they are spreading it older people at an alarming rate.
Ok mate I appreciate your point of view and at least you havnt personally attacjed me.
With regards to them not telling the truth you may be correct however who on earth do any of us believe anymore?

Well why were the teachers working in an unsafe environment if indeed its unsafe??

What drivel...my opinion, oh I'm sorry if i don't agree with yours

Your opinion? That teachers are parasites ? Your are entitled to it mate, but you have to be prepared to face the inevitable responses that such a twisted claim will attract.

Does the fact that every single other poster is finding your 'opinion' quite disgraceful not tell you something?

Well why were the teachers working in an unsafe environment if indeed its unsafe??

What drivel...my opinion, oh I'm sorry if i don't agree with yours

Because they wanted to keep kids in school! And because they were told by the government in September it was safe.

And then it became evident that actually it wasn’t safe when COVID started flying through schools like wildfire, and a new variant was identified which is more transmissible.

Schools really are not safe. :lol: If Bojo told you the sky was green would you believe him? The bloke is a pathological liar, man.
I honestly don't know what to believe or think anymore mate it's a complete and utter shambles.
Nearly a year down the line and we are in a worse mess than when this 1st started
Your opinion? That teachers are parasites ? Your are entitled to it mate, but you have to be prepared to face the inevitable responses that such a twisted claim will attract.

Does the fact that every single other poster is finding your 'opinion' quite disgraceful not tell you something?
As I say I'm entitled to my opinion as everyone else is.
If people are told 1 thing and the reality is another then this needs to be highlighted so people can see the truth.
But when you are constantly informed schools are safe and you ate told on a Sunday night that the school won't be open tomorrow it's not acceptable.
As for people calling me because of my opinion on those that refused to work then I'm big enough to take it if it make the likes of you feel better
Because they wanted to keep kids in school! And because they were told by the government in September it was safe.

And then it became evident that actually it wasn’t safe when COVID started flying through schools like wildfire, and a new variant was identified which is more transmissible.
So why has it took.until xmas, if it's so u safe then surely this action should of been taken in September?
You really are coming across as a self centred twat.
Why for daring to have an opinion??
Self centered?? We have suffered more than most during this shit show and still stick religiously to the rules forced upon us.

Last edited:
Ok mate I appreciate your point of view and at least you havnt personally attacjed me.
With regards to them not telling the truth you may be correct however who on earth do any of us believe anymore?

Believe the scientists who told him that having schools open was massively spreading the virus. Look at the increase in the numbers since they went back in September. Listen to teachers who work in inadequate size classes for the number of children they have to teach.

In my school (i'm not a teacher) we had to do a RA to determine how many people should be in a class. With distancing guidelines we had a range in our classrooms of 4 people (that's kids and the teacher) up to around 7 or 8 in the larger classes. Spilling over into our hall we were even only getting up to numbers of about 25 max (it's not a full size senior school hall). Luckily we are a small special needs school and there are only 12-15 kids in a class so when everyone had to come back we only exceeded the guidelines by double. It must be ridiculous in mainstream with 30 kids in a class.

We've spent many thousands extra (we don't have the money) on PPE, cleaning products etc, we've implemented key stage bubbles, class bubbles, one way systems, being outside for lessons for periods. The kids and staff are still too close because the rooms aren't big enough. This doesn't include times when distancing must be broken or broken on purpose during physical interventions, kids spitting in the faces of teachers, staff having to deal with students who need toileting help, kids who have bloody noses, kids who need medication administered....the list goes on.

Again, it's impossible for the virus not to spread in schools. Yes kids may not get ill themselves, but they pass it on to relatives who then do get ill. The NHS is now close to being overrun and school being open is one of the main reasons.

Was he fuck. He was told this information on 23rd December and has chosen to ignore it until now.

I’m done after this but I’m not going to let you speak untruths, throw wild accusations about my colleagues and fellow professionals being parasites and not get challenged on it. You’re clearly not in the mindset to listen and learn so there’s a certain irony to all of this I’m sure.

You’re absolutely entitled to your opinion but unfortunately it challenges something I feel passionately about.
Well likewise I feel strongly about it also given the information I have been given.
Can I just ask how is it safe for key worker children and those teachers that will be in school to be in school now?
Not wanting an argument just an explanation please

I honestly don't know what to believe or think anymore mate it's a complete and utter shambles.
Nearly a year down the line and we are in a worse mess than when this 1st started

As I say I'm entitled to my opinion as everyone else is.
If people are told 1 thing and the reality is another then this needs to be highlighted so people can see the truth.
But when you are constantly informed schools are safe and you ate told on a Sunday night that the school won't be open tomorrow it's not acceptable.
As for people calling me because of my opinion on those that refused to work then I'm big enough to take it if it make the likes of you feel better

So why has it took.until xmas, if it's so u safe then surely this action should of been taken in September?

Why for daring to have an opinion??
Self centered?? We have suffered more than most during this shit show and still stick religiously to the rules forced upon us.

It's because the government have taken the approach of the risk to schools is acceptable (in their opinion) as long as the NHS isn't going to be overrun. As mentioned previously they were informed in December by SAGE that this now was not the case as that schools needed to be shut to lower the R rate. As they have done throughout the whole pandemic they ignored the advice until the last minute then made a u turn.

The fact the they have made u turn after u turn (remember the exams fiasco) should sound an alarm in anyone's head in my view. It's obvious that they have been incompetent and late to decide over and over again. Why is anyone surprised now?

Believe the scientists who told him that having schools open was massively spreading the virus. Look at the increase in the numbers since they went back in September. Listen to teachers who work in inadequate size classes for the number of children they have to teach.

In my school (i'm not a teacher) we had to do a RA to determine how many people should be in a class. With distancing guidelines we had a range in our classrooms of 4 people (that's kids and the teacher) up to around 7 or 8 in the larger classes. Spilling over into our hall we were even only getting up to numbers of about 25 max (it's not a full size senior school hall). Luckily we are a small special needs school and there are only 12-15 kids in a class so when everyone had to come back we only exceeded the guidelines by double. It must be ridiculous in mainstream with 30 kids in a class.

We've spent many thousands extra (we don't have the money) on PPE, cleaning products etc, we've implemented key stage bubbles, class bubbles, one way systems, being outside for lessons for periods. The kids and staff are still too close because the rooms aren't big enough. This doesn't include times when distancing must be broken or broken on purpose during physical interventions, kids spitting in the faces of teachers, staff having to deal with students who need toileting help, kids who have bloody noses, kids who need medication administered....the list goes on.

Again, it's impossible for the virus not to spread in schools. Yes kids may not get ill themselves, but they pass it on to relatives who then do get ill. The NHS is now close to being overrun and school being open is one of the main reasons.
Madness that they didnt close when everyone could see the cases rise as they opened up. Lots of lives lost because of this. Still better late than never.

The government have been backed into a corner.
Did you see boris's address just before...he said Schools are safe.
Simple answer is dont discuss it with me then because you can't see my point of view and like others on here I'm not entitled to my opinion
Teachers held a gun to his head.

Will they be on 80% wages like the rest of us?

Well likewise I feel strongly about it also given the information I have been given.
Can I just ask how is it safe for key worker children and those teachers that will be in school to be in school now?

The numbers in school will be drastically reduced. In our school it will go from a roll of around 150 to around a dozen. They will basically be a kid or two with a teacher in a class. The distancing problem goes out the window.

Again as I mentioned in a previous post it's about risk levels. Key worker children (those who work in the NHS or other teachers for example) will have their kids in as they are doing other critical jobs. Also kids who are vulnerable will be allowed in because of the risk levels. Those kids have such bad home lives that schools are the safest part of their existence, ie. home life is abuse, alcoholism etc etc

No problem - short answer is it isn’t 100% safe but the risk means the NHS won’t be overwhelmed and those workers can get back. Lots of less children in also makes it much easier to socially distance and therefore limits the risk of transmission spreading.

We had very few outbreaks of children or staff with coronavirus when in lockdown but once we came back after summer our whole school went down 2-3 days in with an outbreak amongst staff.

Reduced numbers. My parasite wife sent letter in in Sunday and now as I type this she is preparing to go in 3 days a week to look after the kids in her provision. The other 2 days will be spent delivering online lessons. Me on the other hand will be trying to look after a 4 year old, a vulnerable parent and somehow hold down a job that requires me to work 40 hours a week. We’ve all got it in the arse mate.

No problem - short answer is it isn’t 100% safe but the risk means the NHS won’t be overwhelmed and those workers can get back. Lots of less children in also makes it much easier to socially distance and therefore limits the risk of transmission spreading.

We had very few outbreaks of children or staff with coronavirus when in lockdown but once we came back after summer our whole school went down 2-3 days in with an outbreak amongst staff.
Thanks

You'll be grafting as usual for 100%, won't you?
No I’ll not .

ive been grafting with one hand tied behind my back like the rest of the construction industry struggling to get materials and stay on budget /programme and stop the company losing money in the process.

Everyone is suffering in the private sector ,whilst many in the public sector uses this shit as an excuse to take the piss or play political warfare.

Back