Any Other School Staff Going On Strike?

I'm with you at the very start of the pandemic but at that time in our area there was no such thing as key worker priority, that came much later. Then because we have 2 in different schools the youngest daughters school was not open at all so we were still stuck.
What are these teachers expecting to happen in say February when schools are expected to open back up as this virus won't have gone anywhere.

The complete and utter mess of a PM could prioritise school staff so they can get back into the schools ASAP for a start.

only boris has spent the last month saying teachers and school staff aren’t important enough for this.

Well mate it wasn't. I've strong views on teachers refusing to work, they are all a disgrace.
I have had to work throughout this with 70 plus others but I work for the private sector and have to get on with it as do many others not like these public sector teachers who seem to think it's ok to withdraw labour
You're very lucky to be able to work in a covid safe environment, pleased for you.

I appreciate that but to stamp their feet and refuse to work when others have to is a disgrace. Other key workers have to work and how will it ever be safe in the teachers eyes for them to return?? Its my opinion and others I have spoken to today at work feel the same. I think all key workers should do the same to see what happens to the country. Hope they dont expect a salary at the end of the month
No one has to work if they don’t feel safe and this isn’t a public sector only right. This isn’t Victorian Britain, it’s 2021.

Would you still happily go to work with no complaint if asbestos was discovered in the building?

As for other key workers, I only know of a minority that can work from home but aren’t.

Last edited:
You're very lucky to be able to work in a covid safe environment, pleased for you.
I wouldn't say its covid safe at all, it's like an incubator where everyone touches the same stuff so no need to be pleased for me
Most were.
Well ours weren't, there is obviously an issue and from what we have deemed its teachers refusing to work. If I'm miles away then please enlighten me with your superior extensive knowledge

Last edited:
Well mate it wasn't. I've strong views on teachers refusing to work, they are all a disgrace.
I have had to work throughout this with 70 plus others but I work for the private sector and have to get on with it as do many others not like these public sector teachers who seem to think it's ok to withdraw labour
They haven’t withdrawn labour Mr Angry

I wouldn't say its covid safe at all, it's like an incubator where everyone touches the same stuff so no need to be pleased for me

Well ours weren't, there is obviously an issue and from what we have deemed its teachers refusing to work. If I'm miles away then please enlighten me with your superior extensive knowledge

So why don’t you raise it if not covid compliant? That’s all Teachers have done imo, following SAGE and scientists advice that schools should be closed and seeing a big rise in cases since then

Not a single teacher has refused to work.

I'm disgusting? Cheers mate. It has severely impacted me.
Well if you say so! How come a post a few above yours states different to.yours and I know as I have had a telephone conversation with the head teacher that some teachers backed by unions have refused to work. So you are either lying or on a complete wind up
So why don’t you raise it if not covid compliant? That’s all Teachers have done imo, following SAGE and scientists advice that schools should be closed and seeing a big rise in cases since then
Yeah SAGE have been spot on mind haven't they throughout this.

Last edited:
Well if you say so! How come a post a few above yours states different to.yours and I know as I have had a telephone conversation with the head teacher that some teachers backed by unions have refused to work. So you are either lying or on a complete wind up
They haven't refused to work.

They haven't refused to work.
They have man that's why our Schools were closed today.
If you know why don't you just say what the issue is if they have not refused to work.
You are like the current set of mps, refuse to answer the question...infact are you boris?.

Yeah SAGE have been spot on mind haven't they throughout this.

SAGE, scientists and even some of the government advised schools should close, but Boris ignored them. They might not have always been right, but we don’t have much else to go on.

each individual has a choice, you included. to give an opposite view my kids school is (was) open as normal tomorrow with majority of teachers going in. Any teachers not in have already arranged remote work for kids

They have man that's why our Schools were closed today.
If you know why don't you just say what the issue is if they have not refused to work.
You are like the current set of mps, refuse to answer the question...infact are you boris?.
They haven't. I saw the letter they all sent.

They're ready and willing to work. My kids teachers are in zoom with them tomorrow.

Back