Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just used Prime Now for the first time yesterday. Mint.

I ordered something last night for delivery between 10pm-12pm. I fell asleep and woke up at 11:30 with a load of missed calls - whoops, ordered again for this morning.

Just ordered a fire tablet for the bairn for delivery at about midday too as they've reduced them back down to £35 on there.

Reactions: PTR

I ordered something last night for delivery between 10pm-12pm. I fell asleep and woke up at 11:30 with a load of missed calls - whoops, ordered again for this morning.

Just ordered a fire tablet for the bairn for delivery at about midday too as they've reduced them back down to £35 on there.
Are fire tablets any good?
My mam has a first gen Nexus 7, and its painfully slow, even after I wiped it and did a bunch of "tricks" to speed it up.
She doesn't need games or owt like that - just web brower, skype, a few apps and buying stuff on amazon.

My mam has a first gen Nexus 7, and its painfully slow, even after I wiped it and did a bunch of "tricks" to speed it up.
She doesn't need games or owt like that - just web brower, skype, a few apps and buying stuff on amazon.

Spot on for the bairns. Browsing is fine on it but I've never used it for that. I've got two already for the eldest two and they're a godsend when travelling, can set daily time limits and stuff too. For £35 it'll do a job, but it might be worthwhile spending more if it's going to be your main way to access the internet IMO.

Spot on for the bairns. Browsing is fine on it but I've never used it for that. I've got two already for the eldest two and they're a godsend when travelling, can set daily time limits and stuff too. For £35 it'll do a job, but it might be worthwhile spending more if it's going to be your main way to access the internet IMO.
Thanks -I thought that, but ideal to ask someone with experience of using one.

I think I'm buying myself one in January, so I'll lend it to her at some point to show how useful it could be. She's resisted tech for 10 years, but I'm slowly getting her up to speed. I think she secretly likes it.

The only issue for me is the fact that its the amazon store and not google store, so not as much content available. I havent checked it for donkeys mind so it may be much better nowadays but its spot on for the price.

The only issue for me is the fact that its the amazon store and not google store, so not as much content available. I havent checked it for donkeys mind so it may be much better nowadays but its spot on for the price.

It's really easy to install Google Play Services and the Google Play store on them. I haven't bothered as they're for the kids though.

Under £100 for three tablets is canny though.

It's really easy to install Google Play Services and the Google Play store on them. I haven't bothered as they're for the kids though.

Under £100 for three tablets is canny though.

Correct, great value. I thought there may be a way of doing it, a few years since i got ours for the wife and bought two reconditioned hudls for the bairns since so never needed to look again.

Netflix (Last Chance U, Bloodline) is the best but Amazon is good for documentaries and that sort of thing.

Correct, great value. I thought there may be, a few years since i got ours for the wife and bought two reconditioned hudls for the bairns since.

Hudl 2's are better like when they work like. My fire tablets are mainly used to stream kids shows/movies from my Pi and Netflix, probably netflix 90% of the time.

same, free delivery within 2 hours and a 5er off your first order:cool:

excellent customer service from these aswell

Are they still packaging lot of individual items in loads of bags? I remember getting my first order and it looked like I was getting a months worth of shopping as they had loads of stuff in git big individual bags haha.

Are they still packaging lot of individual items in loads of bags? I remember getting my first order and it looked like I was getting a months worth of shopping as they had loads of stuff in git big individual bags haha.

not that I know of marra, I just bought an Echo Dot and it came within 2 hours in it's own bag for £39.99, happy as Larry with that like:cool:

anyone downloading the app just needs to use the code NOWFIVE at the checkout to get the discount

not that I know of marra, I just bought an Echo Dot and it came within 2 hours in it's own bag for £39.99, happy as Larry with that like:cool:

anyone downloading the app just needs to use the code NOWFIVE at the checkout to get the discount

Already used that code, was £10 off back then though.

Already used that code, was £10 off back then though.

theyre already knocking a 5er off anyway so in effect I got a 10er off, the speedy delivery is the big selling point for me, I've not once known Amazon to be late.

theyre already knocking a 5er off anyway so in effect I got a 10er off, the speedy delivery is the big selling point for me, I've not once known Amazon to be late.

They're spot on, they even refunded me in full when I wasted their time last night when I fell asleep before they delivered. Had no crumpets this morning so karma struck.

not in my area.. just outside the zone

Surprised at that like

Aye I had a load of bread on its own in the same size bag as three boxes of eggs, some flour, some shower gel, shampoo and some other stuff :lol: nice paper bags like.

same, free delivery within 2 hours and a 5er off your first order:cool:

excellent customer service from these aswell

The tradtional delivery is what deters some people from online to an extent. To be able to get something delivered in he same time it takes you to get in the car and drive to shops is going to take a lot away from the high street.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back