Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's worth it just for the delivery especially at this time of year.

And if you use a Fire Stick then the TV and Movies (which are limited) are an easy to use bonus. Particularly if you have kids and a wife who isn't overly adept at using the telly. The fire stick is pretty user friendly in comparison to Kodi. The content is good for kids and there'll be a few things for you to watch if you're not an avid telly/film watcher like me. I'd like to be but I don't have the time.

I've never bothered with the music because I'm pretty entrenched in Spotify.

I ask because I've just bought the missus an echo for Christmas.

Since people have seen ours there has been an extra 4 sold off the back of it, I think it's great. I haven't felt the need to get the 3.99 unlimited as there is always something for me but if your missus likes specific albums she may want to.

Does your tv have the amazon video app or would you need a box/firestick?

Ive
Since people have seen ours there has been an extra 4 sold off the back of it, I think it's great. I haven't felt the need to get the 3.99 unlimited as there is always something for me but if your missus likes specific albums she may want to.

Does your tv have the amazon video app or would you need a box/firestick?
I've got a firestick

Ive

I've got a firestick

oh well, there you go, you can do the free trial. I just set one up for the mother in law with the trial and she loves it, just for the echo, the tv is a bonus for them.

It's worth subscribing to prime for the echo alone.

That Man in the High Castle is the only thing I've seen advertised that I quite fancy that I don't have via Sky or Netflix. The thought of them chucking loads of money at Jeremy f***ing Clarkson is a reason not to subscribe.
aye seems a bit crap compared to netflix

what boxsets are on Prime then that aren't elsewhere?
Off the top of my head:
Transparent
Red Oaks
Man in the High Castle
Hand of God
Start Up
Preacher
Grand Tour
Mozart in the Jungle
Mr Robot
Wishenpoof (despite the dodgy name it's actually a pre school kids show about a fairy)

Those are the ones made/owned by Amazon, there are probably other series they have that other places don't.

We've had a household membership for years. In terms of streaming, Netflix probably has a better selection, but the free next day delivery on everything you buy will save you more than the membership fee if you frequently shop on Amazon.
This for me also. Pays for itself on Amazon delivery. The odd thing I watch on it is a bonus - Netflix is better for content

Get prime for nowt. (Student deal) Don't really use it much except for the deliveries.

It's a nice little extra to go with the music for the prime delivery services.

Find a student it's only £40 a year. With the first 6 months free.
Got 18 months free with the free 6 months and a 12 months free offer with student bank account.

Last edited:
That Man in the High Castle is the only thing I've seen advertised that I quite fancy that I don't have via Sky or Netflix. The thought of them chucking loads of money at Jeremy f***ing Clarkson is a reason not to subscribe.

'The Man in the High Castle' is without a doubt the worst show I have ever had the misfortune of watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back