ALL NUFC and Sportwashing stuff in here. (Threads will be merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

But saying I lack moral fortitude isn't demeaning, so you can pass judgement but when it's done to you, you don't like it. I'm using a hypothetical scenario as Sunderland fans are acting like butter wouldn't melt. If safc had been bought by Saudis and there was money to spend to get them back to promotion or winning things there would be jubilation and talks of 7 in a row no doubt. To say otherwise would be lies and frankly laughable. But because it's Newcastle suddenly everyone has the morals of mother Theresa.
Fuck off with your whataboutism, you've got enough shitty sportswashing going on at your abomination of a club as it is without adding Fantasy Fanbase to it. Address the questions asked not the ones you've made up to soothe your corrupt conscience.

As a neutral the backlash about human rights just seems a bit off and hypocritical to me. People seem to forget that the Saudi PIF have been pumping cash into Man U and have sizeable stakes in Facebook and Uber.

Do I think half of London, developments in other cities, and chunks of our strategic infrastructure should be owned by the Saudis and other murderous regimes? No. But it is and as long as our country is fine with that, and people are happy to sell weapons to the Saudis etc to use in Yemen etc then I see no justification for making an exception of Newcastle United.

I gather there is a BAE Systems weapons factory just off the A1M at Washington. I assume those on here complaining about the Newcastle takeover are up there protesting against BAE making weapons for the Saudis and other similar countries?
Huge difference between hiding shares in a company and "pumping cash" into it.

In 2020, PIF purchased minority stakes in major U.S. companies including Boeing, Facebook and Citigroup. PIF disclosed a $713.7 million stake in Boeing, around $522 million in Citigroup, a $522 million stake in Facebook, a $495.8 million stake in Disney and a $487.6 million stake in Bank of America.

These are multi billion dollar companies and they have a minority stake in them.

Newcastle United is their face in the uk as they own the majority of shares.

First time in years I’m going to deliberately not watch the premier league, I can’t stomach the love in it’s going to be, good luck Dave Jones :lol:
Are there any sickos planning on watching it? :lol:

But saying I lack moral fortitude isn't demeaning, so you can pass judgement but when it's done to you, you don't like it. I'm using a hypothetical scenario as Sunderland fans are acting like butter wouldn't melt. If safc had been bought by Saudis and there was money to spend to get them back to promotion or winning things there would be jubilation and talks of 7 in a row no doubt. To say otherwise would be lies and frankly laughable. But because it's Newcastle suddenly everyone has the morals of mother Theresa.
I hated Saudis since 9/11. No sign of them taking over you then.

Murdering scum. Live with it.

anyone reckon I’ll get away with blood on theirs hand United instead of Poocastle when I do the match thread later or cop a ban
ISIS utd would do for me
First time in years I’m going to deliberately not watch the premier league, I can’t stomach the love in it’s going to be, good luck Dave Jones :lol:
Are there any sickos planning on watching it? :lol:
I never watch it.

Last edited:
So if we are also horrified about the Saudi regime, what are we to do, stop supporting the team we have all our lives and just walk away? We can't change them buying the club so we should just stop supporting nufc? They UK government has dealings with Saudi Arabia yet we still live in this country, doesn't mean we agree with the regime. If it were reversed and they had bought Sunderland what do you think you would do? Stop supporting your team?

You begged them to buy your club man :lol:

You begged them to buy your club man :lol:
Exactly this. When it fell through last year they actively trooped to London to protest

They were tagging any company that had links to the Premier League in tweets, they were tagging the Prime Minister in tweets.

I agree they have no control over who owns their club, so if they’d actively protested against it and it had gone through then I’d have some respect for them.

Instead they went on like babies to get what they wanted, and are now doing whatever they can to defend their owners while wearing f*****g tea towels on their heads.

They had their chance to show some moral conscience and they missed it.

Thing is though they will have to spend unbelievable sums to challenge. City have paid £2.4B over the past 5 years on player transfers and wages, their wage bill per the latest filed accts to 2020 was over £320M a year, probably more like £350M per annum now. The riches are obvious but there's no suggestion yet that PIF will be here to piss their money away. Even if they want to go big the best players still won't want to go there, we have already seen that managers are knocking them back left, right and centre. By Sunday night they could be bottom of the league with Steve Bruce still in charge and with a very poor squad of players.

Hopefully pif by inter and the mags just become one of their feeder clubs.

If they get relegated, which is unlikely (but still a possibility given that they can't strengthen a piss poor squad for another 11 games) then it becomes even more complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back