ALL NUFC and Sportwashing stuff in here. (Threads will be merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way the silly bastards gan on about the "Toon" is bad enough.
Always baffles me why the citizens of the CITY of Newcastle refer to themselves as the 'Toon'. Although I suspect it represents the timewarp the fuckers have lived in since their football club was in any way relevant. Bit like the 'Cathedral on the Hill' as opposed to it's proper designation as the 'Lopsided Carbuncle On A Slight Incline In The Road.'

Always baffles me why the citizens of the CITY of Newcastle refer to themselves as the 'Toon'. Although I suspect it represents the timewarp the fuckers have lived in since their football club was in any way relevant. Bit like the 'Cathedral on the Hill' as opposed to it's proper designation as the 'Lopsided Carbuncle On A Slight Incline In The Road.'
:lol:

You wouldn't get much change from 200m plus 6 x 5 year deals on 250k p/w = 390m!

That is the scale of things. As Merson says it is not Blackburn from 25 years ago.
I've said this before about wages as 'better' players will mean an increase in annual wage total. Yet people have been talking of the so called £190m budget (due to FFP articles) as if they can spend that all on players fees. I wouldn't say they'll be paying £250k a week but they'll be pushing well over £100k or more which is £5m a year on 1 player.

They'll also have to pay a bit more given the northern factor. If Linguard is offered £100k a week for 3 year contract at West Ham then that's just over £15m in total and more than enough for a lifetime. It's not as if Linguard is skint at the moment either given what he'll have earned so far in his career, his last being a 4 year £15m contract also. Even if the Mags offered £120k a week, does he really need another £3m given he's already a multi millionaire? Where would a multimillionaire rather live to spend his money and mingle with many other multi milionaires in a shit load of places? The weather isn't a huge factor but it may still add to the negatives of coming up north. Is is really all about winning things for players these days and even then success isn't even guaranteed at the Mags anyway.

It could well be that NUFC end up with a base down south nearer to London (or Manchester) and just ship the players up for home games. This will allow players to be where most multi millionaire 20 year olds (and WAGS) would want to be.

The pressure on players who do actually come to the Mags will be greater than going to say West Ham. They could also have a look at social media to see what will happen if they don't perform up here.

I won't be surprised if the Mags have to pay a premium to attract players (like they did in 90's) to not only come up here, but also step into the spotlight of the whole football world watching them. Those watching the closest will be the fanbase with high expectations due to a delusion of the 90's when they spent big. I'd dare say some players will say "Fuck that, do I really need to be that greedy?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Doon the toon for a pair a troosers

Reactions: DH4

Surely because they haven’t sacked him doesn’t mean their “celebrations” are soured? How petulant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They were all over social media saying it would sour it.

I don't get it myself - why the fuck should the new owners give him his 1000th game? Then sack him? His new club can give him it. For me - they are going to give him a chance as no one lined up to take over immediately.

P

They were all over social media saying it would sour it.

I don't get it myself - why the fuck should the new owners give him his 1000th game? Then sack him? His new club can give him it. For me - they are going to give him a chance as no one lined up to take over immediately.

P
They aren’t full shillings mate. They got what they’d wanted and campaigned for. Ashley oot and a murderous regime in.
And they’re still whinging on 🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back