ALL NUFC and Sportwashing stuff in here. (Threads will be merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not only justifying it, you are legitimising and financially backing it everytime you buy a ticket, shirt, scarf.
You can say "team not regime" as often as you like, but that's not the reality , even if you desperately want it to be.
YOU CAN'T SEPARATE THE TWO.
THEY ARE THE SAME.
So then back to my original comment. What should I do, walk away and stop supporting nufc?

But saying I lack moral fortitude isn't demeaning, so you can pass judgement but when it's done to you, you don't like it. I'm using a hypothetical scenario as Sunderland fans are acting like butter wouldn't melt. If safc had been bought by Saudis and there was money to spend to get them back to promotion or winning things there would be jubilation and talks of 7 in a row no doubt. To say otherwise would be lies and frankly laughable. But because it's Newcastle suddenly everyone has the morals of mother Theresa.
We have one thing your club will never have
CLASS
Money can’t buy that

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is though they will have to spend unbelievable sums to challenge. City have paid £2.4B over the past 5 years on player transfers and wages, their wage bill per the latest filed accts to 2020 was over £320M a year, probably more like £350M per annum now. The riches are obvious but there's no suggestion yet that PIF will be here to piss their money away. Even if they want to go big the best players still won't want to go there, we have already seen that managers are knocking them back left, right and centre. By Sunday night they could be bottom of the league with Steve Bruce still in charge and with a very poor squad of players.

Hopefully pif by inter and the mags just become one of their feeder clubs.

love it

Neville is another wanker with selective moral outrage, non of the sky bellends have criticised the takeover they're too busy sticking their tongues up the scum fans' hoops.
Perhaps, but it will all be on public display The whole theatre could be very teliing.

But saying I lack moral fortitude isn't demeaning, so you can pass judgement but when it's done to you, you don't like it. I'm using a hypothetical scenario as Sunderland fans are acting like butter wouldn't melt. If safc had been bought by Saudis and there was money to spend to get them back to promotion or winning things there would be jubilation and talks of 7 in a row no doubt. To say otherwise would be lies and frankly laughable. But because it's Newcastle suddenly everyone has the morals of mother Theresa.

There once was a manager, an ex player of some quality who had never harmed a soul but clearly had facist thoughts. There were sections of the Sunderland base up in arms, people protesting. He could have been our saviour who knows but he wasn’t given a chance because principles outweighed sporting success. The most embarrassing scenario in recent years for Sunderland fans was the playing of Adam Johnson when the CEO knew he was as quilty as sin, arguably one of the most talented players in the last 60 years to play for Sunderland but we would rather he had never played once charged what ever the impact on the teams results.
Many many Sunderland fans were embarrassed and ashamed of the club.

I just don’t think Newcastle fans do embarrassed, they think their entitled success trumps everything.
There in lies the problem a lack of self awareness something which makes them some of the most disliked fans in football.
The Saudis and Mag fans are pretty good bed fellows if you ask me.

There once was a manager, an ex player of some quality who had never harmed a soul but clearly had facist thoughts. There were sections of the Sunderland base up in arms, people protesting. He could have been our saviour who knows but he wasn’t given a chance because principles outweighed sporting success. The most embarrassing scenario in recent years for Sunderland fans was the playing of Adam Johnson when the CEO knew he was as quilty as sin, arguably one of the most talented players in the last 60 years to play for Sunderland but we would rather he had never played once charged what ever the impact on the teams results.
Many many Sunderland fans were embarrassed and ashamed of the club.

I just don’t think Newcastle fans do embarrassed, they think their entitled success trumps everything.
There in lies the problem a lack of self awareness something which makes them some of the most disliked fans in football.
The Saudis and Mag fans are pretty good bed fellows if you ask me.
Spot on

Enjoy trying to convince yourself everything’s fine.

That will get trickier as fans worldwide continue to watch thousands of tea-towelled victims dancing in cult-like unison, organisations like Amnesty International have been waiting for this since they coined the phrase Sportswashing.

I’m pretty sure the moral highground is ours to lose

So then back to my original comment. What should I do, walk away and stop supporting nufc?
If you think supporting your team is only about attending games and buying it's merchandise, then you're very naive. Do you not care about it's reputation within the football community? A city's football team is it's heartbeat especially in working class area's such as the North East. Funny how your fans were willing to walk away from supporting the team under Mike Ashley's tenure because he wasn't pumping in the millions you were wanting him to, but somehow because his business practices were shady you've decided the lesser of the two evils is an archaic, despot state with a multi-billion investment fund behind it. Every trophy or bit of success your club will have going forward will always have a caveat beside it and that's the stick your fans will be beaten with every time you pipe up.

As a neutral the backlash about human rights just seems a bit off and hypocritical to me. People seem to forget that the Saudi PIF have been pumping cash into Man U and have sizeable stakes in Facebook and Uber.

Do I think half of London, developments in other cities, and chunks of our strategic infrastructure should be owned by the Saudis and other murderous regimes? No. But it is and as long as our country is fine with that, and people are happy to sell weapons to the Saudis etc to use in Yemen etc then I see no justification for making an exception of Newcastle United.

I gather there is a BAE Systems weapons factory just off the A1M at Washington. I assume those on here complaining about the Newcastle takeover are up there protesting against BAE making weapons for the Saudis and other similar countries?
Stopped reading at that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back